Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: First big Ride (planning)... 
    Quote Originally Posted by rfg1925 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I hope to get down to PIT next week and check them out.
    Enjoy man they are fun bikes, any questions ask away.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #22 Re: First big Ride (planning)... 
    C-Moto Regular
    Good report Gardo, looks like she was ripping along nicely on the Parkway! And yes you are a madman haha! The route you took would tire me out on my cushy Dyna, not the nicest roads after the winter we had. Definitely a good test for you and the bike, it was pretty damn cold that day. For me it's more of a mental thing dealing with all the maniac cagers out there and keeping your head on a swivel.

Do you think the bike has enough power getting up to speed/merging on those on ramps and getting you out of potential dangerous situations? I know she's not made to be a highway cruiser or have much torque, just trying to get a feel for the bike.

Next time you go down there you should jump on Rt 539 for a bit. Awesome 2 lane road that goes through some farm areas and the pine barrens. Great scenery, freshly paved with a 50mph limit. Feels like your down in Virginia or N. Carolina not NJ.

Oh the kidney belt is a great idea with the hardtail, never thought about that one. The air cooled motors are nice hand warmers too.

3. #23 Re: First big Ride (planning)... 
    Quote Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
    Good report Gardo, looks like she was ripping along nicely on the Parkway! And yes you are a madman haha! The route you took would tire me out on my cushy Dyna, not the nicest roads after the winter we had. Definitely a good test for you and the bike, it was pretty damn cold that day. For me it's more of a mental thing dealing with all the maniac cagers out there and keeping your head on a swivel.

Do you think the bike has enough power getting up to speed/merging on those on ramps and getting you out of potential dangerous situations? I know she's not made to be a highway cruiser or have much torque, just trying to get a feel for the bike.

Next time you go down there you should jump on Rt 539 for a bit. Awesome 2 lane road that goes through some farm areas and the pine barrens. Great scenery, freshly paved with a 50mph limit. Feels like your down in Virginia or N. Carolina not NJ.

Oh the kidney belt is a great idea with the hardtail, never thought about that one. The air cooled motors are nice hand warmers too.
    thanks JK3, it was taxing on grey matter, I was mentally and physically exhausted. My buddies tell me its different when you ride with a group, so I'll see when i head to Americade.

JK3, yes, yes I do. The GSP is not a walk in the park even in a car but she handled it well and maintained. Might take a ride down the shore and get a better feel for it

Will need to map out 539 out and try it, thanks man.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123