Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Maximus
    I am thinking of buying one of these in South Africa. I think made by Linfang, but not sure how good they are? Seem very reasonable price .

2. #2 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hi rupert,
    never heard of Linfang, perhaps you mean Lifan? A link to where you found this Skygo scrambler would probably help identify the bike. The same China bike could be sold under many different names internationally, a photo, link to website, would help traceback the original manufacturers.

3. #3 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    From their website.

Skygo Company is an export-oriented enterprise specializing in the production and sale of motorcycle and spare parts.
    After only ten years’ development, Skygo Company has possessed a series of world-leading motorcycle technologies including water cool, multi-valve, EMS (Engine Management System), large displacement and so on.

In recent years, with its superior quality, perfect after-sale service and multivariate marketing channels and network , Skygo’s products have commanded a good market in many countries and regions ranging from Southeast Asia, Africa, Middle East and South America, etc, which made Skygo become the most favorite brand and highly praised by the customers home and aboard.

Skygo Company will continue performing the aims of “Quality First, Service Supreme”, and strive to embody Skygo’s value through superior quality and convey Skygo’s culture through professional service.

You are sincerely awaited to cooperate with Skygo to achieve splendid success.

Terrible grammar and structure.

I see them obviously as LIFAN

"multivariate marketing channels" as in they sell under many brand names to everyone and anyone.

Were is the Sky going?

They are not bad bikes...the GY-5 are ok.

4. #4 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    They are offering a 250 GY-7, what kind of price are those selling for in South Africa, it has a water cooled 250 and has about 20hp that would be their best model for a dual sport (scrambler).

5. #5 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    They are offering the 250 GY-7, what kind of price are those selling for in China, its water cooled and has about 20hp that would be their best model for a dual sport (scrambler).

6. #6 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I thought scrambler was another name for cafe racers, the kind you often see on http://www.bikeexif.com/ Never seen a DualSport bike referred to as a scrambler. I checked the skygo site, nothing there called a scrambler.

7. #7 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Maximus
    Wow, thanks for all the information. very useful. Very good forum.

The bike is actually for my GF (Fang Yi) who is training to ride from South Africa to Shanghai with me in 2012. South Africa has a lot of GY200s ...is that the same as GY 5?

I have not seen the 250cc which would be better. They seem good value and more suitable for the dual riding we will be doing in Cederberg.

I have already crossed Africa twice on my KTM 990 Adventure.

btw... I really like the Jincheng bikes being used by the Chinese riders in the dakar but I know they are custom made.

Rupert Shanghai

8. #8 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    I thought scrambler was another name for cafe racers, the kind you often see on http://www.bikeexif.com/ Never seen a DualSport bike referred to as a scrambler. I checked the skygo site, nothing there called a scrambler.
    I guess I am old.. before all the current types of off road bike races the enduro/dual/off roadie type bikes were called scramblers. Triumph actually has a version called a scrambler and the Yamaha DR175 I had as a kid was the definitive scrambler. Cross continent adventure bikes like my KTM 990 Adventure didnt exist until the BMW GS series really.

9. #9 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    I haven't heard that term for ages! I have said before on the forum that some of us used to ride our street bikes all over the place, we didn't have any choice!
    A 'scrambler' was the 'bike nutcases like me used to build and race decades ago: http://lostmotorcycles.blogspot.com/...scrambler.html when we took our street BSAs and Triumphs and made them better for farm tracks and the like. We didn't have any dirtbikes available then so we made our own.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

10. #10 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by rupertu View Post
    The bike is actually for my GF (Fang Yi) who is training to ride from South Africa to Shanghai with me in 2012. South Africa has a lot of GY200s ...is that the same as GY 5?
    Now THAT's what I call a GF!!!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast