Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Need a fork!

1. #1 Need a fork! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey, gang.

I have a Tank 250 2i sportbike and need a new right side lower fork. I figure it's a universal part that's on many brands of Chinese motorcycles. Anyone know where I can get one? Can't get parts form Tank, so maybe Lifan or some other brand can help out?

Thanks!
    Nuff said!

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT!

Hey check out lifan-moto-forum.com Almon is going to be parting out a lifan 200 III, not sure if it is regular or inverted forks, check with him, he is also on china riders.

Quote Originally Posted by olds_cool63 View Post
    Hey, gang.

I have a Tank 250 2i sportbike and need a new right side lower fork. I figure it's a universal part that's on many brands of Chinese motorcycles. Anyone know where I can get one? Can't get parts form Tank, so maybe Lifan or some other brand can help out?

Thanks!
    All of these parts like forks are pretty generic. I'm not sure if you can get just the fork lower and may need to look for either a new set or a new leg. I would not recommend just changing one side as the dampening effect will be different and it's very very important that they match.

If the bike is disassembled, the thing to do is measure the diameter of your upper fork tubes and then take one to a local dealership. Smell around and they may be able to match one (or a set) off a similar bike. If you can find which model would be compatible, then you can also smell around on Ebay. I think most people won't part out just 1/4 of a fork assembly and would rather you take the whole set. It's probably better that way anyway.

What's the problem with the fork?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey check out lifan-moto-forum.com Almon is going to be parting out a lifan 200 III, not sure if it is regular or inverted forks, check with him, he is also on china riders.
    Yeah, Jim. I posted there before I posted here and I'm still waiting for a response.

Thanks, dude.
    Nuff said!

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT!

Oh ok :P Yeah I remembered after I posted that you were a member on Almon's site, you should send him a PM, he usually is quick to reply to those...

Got a pair of gold inverted forks. The demensions on the three bikes with inverted forks are the same, though the quality of the gold plating seems to vary. PM me or shoot me an email at Stormyhusky@hotmail.com ..

Kurt