Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    I forgot about the 'Pulse' brand bikes in the UK--don't know if they have the 200cc version, but seem to have the 125 versions.

2. #12 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I forgot about the 'Pulse' brand bikes in the UK--don't know if they have the 200cc version, but seem to have the 125 versions.
    That's another one http://www.pulsemoto.co.uk/index.php

They have a 125cc restriction for new riders in the UK, so the 125cc are starters for everyone. So a 200cc would not sell as well.

3. #13 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    It may be that the 250cc simply is not economical to sell in the USA? They may not be able to offer them for prices that they would sell at. They also may see the sales number of the 200cc as less then encouraging? Until models are sold under one brand and in larger dealers they probably will not ever get any serious sales and some think even then they would not sell that well. They have to be very low cost and represented in larger dealers and with double the warranty of other major brands. Even then they do not sell well…the flood of cheap bikes many of which still are online for sale linger like bad gas. Then people inevitably compare cheap to cheaper. It is a viscous cycle and it will likely will go on for a long time.

Sinnis is an experiment in the UK market and it is backed by Jinan….but their products market share there is still being shared across their own multiple brand names. Having more then one distributor increases the back end costs for all of those individual distributors, they simply loose the economy of scale, they compete against themselves.

A single channel is best and even better if selling other selected manufacturers brands through it also….but with very very strict quality control and diligent high quality parts and service standards. If they do not then they will never grow they will never get a critical volume level in sales needed to keep going.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-21-2011 at 05:40 AM.

4. #14 Re: Qingqi in the USA 

5. #15 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    I think a bigger problem is deciding where they should put their RMB. Considering Chinese bikes are more desirable in developing nations (where the RMB is still worth more) it would take some miracle for any one of them to commit the funds necessary to really compete in the US or similar markets. While we wish one of them will get some ballz and take the leap, they're not going to want to spend the money to actually support the marketing (which costs alot), store front and supply line necessary to push their own brand.

When Honda came to North America in the late 50's they opened their own office and hustled their asses off to provide quality innovative bikes while supporting dealers. Their success hinged largely on the fact that they quickly realized they needed to represent their bikes and a hip (for the time) lifestyle choice and personal statement...not something to move 100 lbs of vegetables to the market. Like water dripping on a rock, it eventually worked and only 20-30 years down the line, the big 4 had just about pushed all the other makers out of existence.

Just my .02

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #16 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    125's are for 17 years and above and if you do not have a full motorcycle license, i have heard of superbyle trying to get the 250cc legal to UK requirements a year ago and now sinnis aka the uk name for qingqi are trying as well any 250 is welcomed as that market has been a VIP club for a while as not everyone after a 125 do there test and need a superbike instantly

7. #17 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    If your under 21 then you must pass a test on a 75cc-125cc. With that you get an A1 license or the (A) license, which is a full license and requires passing a test on a bike at least 120cc, but no larger then 125cc and with no more power then 14.6hp. You can take that test and once passed, then you can go out and get any motorcycle with up to 33hp and a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.16kw/kg.

You could buy a cheap 125 and take a test on it, then go out and get a more powerful bike, also, at 21 years of age or over, they can just take a test and get a license to ride any bike.

There is a market for 250cc bikes in the UK, it would be the bike to ride for two years, the compulsory period before being eligible to get to unlimited, without being tested.

8. #18 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    i would of loved to have gotten a 250 after passing my license but the style i was looking for supermoto's yamaha was charging way to much the KLX250 only comes as a enduro honda lacking in this field meant i just stuck to my 125 and upped uts power to compete im 10bhp down but for half the capacity i cant complain with the cheaper insurance costs

9. #19 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    Average personal individual income in the UK is over that of the average income in the USA.
    $32,448.00(20,800GBP) compared to $28,565.00(18,365GBP).

12% higher…..average personal income in the UK.

Price of a Honda CBR250 in the UK: $6,162.04(3,950.00GBP)
    Price of a Honda CBR250 in the US : $3,999.00(2,563.45GBP)

35% higher in price.

You can also look at GDP per capita, then you would see that in the USA it is higher then in the UK.
    Roughly 47,000 USD to 36,600.00USD, that is all incomes earned divided over the population. That demonstrate wealth, in that the higher the number the more income earned over all. But it also demonstrates disparity in that reveals less “have not’s” then “haves” or it could be referred to as eschewed, as in wealth is shrinking in its count and that lower incomes are expanding or you could say wealth is more evenly distributed in the UK. When the personal income, on the average, is closer to the per capita income, it means it is spread out evenly or more evenly.

Consider Brazil and its GDP per capita being $10,100USD
    And then the price of a CB300R there….$6,527.00 then the CG125 sells for $2,900.00

So the Chinese are doing what? Building assembly plants in Brazil? They should be and they are and they will be making very small and affordable models. If there are people buying the CB300R in Brazil that demonstrates horrible income disparity, in that those that have are really eschewed above the average in the population. If those models are imported then really no value is added to the economy, so Brazil demands at least assemble if not make them here.

From my position I would like to see students coming to the USA to learn, in cooperatives to learn how to develop processes. But also to be involved in larger global models that consider all these variables In that also find ways to stabilize developed economies, like the one in my own nation.

Within all this is that of the lowest denominator, that being the lowest working income and it meeting the cost of living at that level, in that, in part is transportation.

The mayor of London, Boris Johnson earns 250,000.00 pounds a year on the side for writing. He claims that income as “chicken feed”….well then I think I must be doing my writing for Chicken excrement’s? What does Boris Johnson write about? How to get rich? How to stay rich? How to keep them quite?
    Last edited by MJH; 12-04-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12