Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi in the USA 
    The wholesaler for Qingqi in the USA is a company in Richmond Virginia, they hold the EPA certificate for the following models:Qingqi QM250GY-2D, Qingqi QM250-2D, Qingqi QM250GY-B, Qingqi QM250GY-B(A)

The Certificate number is BDFRC.249GYB-001
    Daifer Inc

Contact Information:
    TEL: 804-231-5811
    Fax: 804-231-5822
    EMAIL:INFO@DAFIERUSA.COM
    Last edited by MJH; 04-16-2011 at 03:57 PM.

2. #2 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    That is the the adventurer version of the sport bike (ROCK) and the sport bike, and and then the two variations of the dual sport 18x21(B) and 17x17 rims (b(A)).

Daifer is holding the conformity documentation for these 250cc Jinan Qingqi models and also all of the scooters as well for 2011, according to the EPA and the list that they publish on their website.

Note: the first and last images have a 250cc engine and the second a smaller engine. However the models approved for import in the USA all have 250cc Suzuki engine designs, licensed for manufacturing by Jinan Qingqi through Suzuki Motor Company.

3. #3 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    EPA certificates can be redundant, what I mean by that is others can also take the same path and submit the exact same model through EPA for testing again. The result would be two certificates and with different names on them for the exact same models. Examples exist of that scenario, the EPA certificate does not run with the manufacturer unless they own it, it follows the import company when they own it.

It’s interesting, because redundant conformity certificates only add costs and also reduce the profit margins per unit as in cutting the potential market share into sections.

There is a real market share for these models and theoretically more then one importer and or distributor of the exact same model only slices that potential total share and in that reduces the potential profit of each unit sold.

The redundant certificates only add costs to each unit and if two importer incurred the costs the cost per unit out of the manufacturer rises on all of them. That’s because each loose part of total sales and that is an inverse relationship unit cost fall with volume and rise with reduction in volume.

The cost of only one certificate over the entire potential market sales is the most efficient.

For any model to be distributed successfully it benefits by volume and prices fall if one entity has the entire share. Cheaper by the dozen….if split into half dozens distributed by more then one entity the cost per unit goes up and so do the prices. Selling more is better but not through multiple channels it only increases costs and also raises the probability of failure of each separated distributor. If they fail and the units get liquidated, they then come back to the market with discounted costs, they take a loss in value at liquidation. The bankruptcies are the direct result of flooding a market. Your competitions dies but they also will take you with them unless you can get access to all of their inventory. If you cannot then it will come back and under cut you in the market and you will also fail.

Unfortunately for the Chinese manufacturers they opened Pandora’s box, it is not only that they cannot shut it, they may not even as of yet realized they should. Only make what can be sold and it has to be sold through only one single channel.

4. #4 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    I wonder what these guys are waiting for? I think this was the company I had called that is open for like 3 hours a day, and get all mad when they answer 'after hours' and it sounds like a home number. What a bunch of imbeciles if it is them!

5. #5 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    They're probably waiting for QingQi to get off their ass and actually produce the above mentioned motorcycles.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #6 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    Qingqi offers a one year factory warranty, then these guys only offer a six month warranty?

http://www.dafierusa.com/customer%20service.htm

http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/aftersalesservice.aspx

That has a potential for warranty fraud, repairs made after six months could be charged back to the manufacturer without the customers knowledge. That or they refused the manufacturers warranty and requested a cost discount? Something is not right.

I like the longer warranty…obviously the 24month Qlink offers is ideal for customers but not to distributors, because it makes buying in the off season much more appealing as the warranty continues well into the ridding season and beyond into the next if its a 24 month. A six month is not, if you bought a bike in say December you could end up with less then a two month functional warranty, that makes people buy in the spring to make sure they do not get a lemon? But buyers in the spring/summer often pay top prices.

7. #7 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    I would like to see the 250cc bikes sold through Victory/Polaris dealers, then those with all the scooters under the Peugeot name also. I would like to see them offer the 250cc models under the Sinnis brand name also, like they are in the UK.

Polaris / Victory / Sinnis / Peugeot.

That would leave a developmental line of mid range models within that open. I sent that idea to Jinan…and yes I can be sure it fell on deaf ears, so there is no need to tell me that.

I also know that they are already involved with Polaris to manufacture for them, so it is logical and timely.

8. #8 Re: Qingqi in the USA 

9. #9 Re: Qingqi in the USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Isn't there another UK company that has the Qingqi 200cc enduro/motard?

10. #10 Re: Qingqi in the USA 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast