Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The EPA certificates are for 2011? eight certifications issued under Carter Brothers Manufacture Co.
    MJH,
    Are you doubting that Carter is no longer the importer of SYM for the USA?
    http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=911.0

2. #12 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    MJH,
    Are you doubting that Carter is no longer the importer of SYM for the USA?
    http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=911.0
    That server hosting the SYMforum has been compromised with a computer virus. You should stay off it!

3. #13 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    There is a Chinese version and a Taiwanese of that model? The model offered for the USA has a 150cc and is made in Taiwan, unless the EPA data on the model is incorrect and if that is the case then no information is reliable.

Lots of videos of that bike, very popular in Vietnam.

http://wn.com/SYM_Wolf_125

Some vendors sell the SYM line of bikes and are often hyper critical of the Chinese competition. Yet some of that competition is coming out of the SYM partner in china.

4. #14 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    That server hosting the SYMforum has been compromised with a computer virus. You should stay off it!
    No problem for me on that site. I guess you won't admit that you are mistaken about Carter Bros. being the SYM USA distributor.

5. #15 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    There is a Chinese version and a Taiwanese of that model? The model offered for the USA has a 150cc and is made in Taiwan, unless the EPA data on the model is incorrect and if that is the case then no information is reliable.

Lots of videos of that bike, very popular in Vietnam.

http://wn.com/SYM_Wolf_125

Some vendors sell the SYM line of bikes and are often hyper critical of the Chinese competition. Yet some of that competition is coming out of the SYM partner in china.
    I don't believe that the 150 Wolf Classic model made it to the USA.
    http://www.sym.com.tw/chi/showroom/i...ode=info&id=42

6. #16 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    The good thing about SYM is that they have three local dealers near me, so if one dealer is a total asshole I can avoid that one.

Carters
    has a real nice applet for finding dealers it is provided by a company called Zip Math, it links zip codes. It uses a linked relational database technology, in that it links on a primary field “ZIP CODE” and did you know that ZIP is an acronym created by the federal government “Zone Improvement Plan.” the federal government assigned every address in the nation a five digit code in 1963.

7. #17 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    MJH,
    Go by your local dealer and ask them to order a part from Carter Brothers.

8. #18 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    Just because a facility has fire does not mean that the company stops existing, they all have insurance and most have disaster recovery plans in place in case of such events. Carter still exists, if they did not then they would not. They still are listed as the manufacturer with the federal government and SYM is listed as their OEM. They still have a 1-800 phone number that they still answer.

How else can I explain it…were the inventory is stored does not make a difference?

The 150cc is approved for import to the USA according to the EPA, whether any have been imported yet is another matter. I am sure that some models go through EPA and then never ever get actually imported and or sold…but why would be a good question.

The EPA does not see or use the term importer, they call them the manufacturer and in some cases they are one in the same. For instances of Honda, Suzuki….the manufacturers name and OEM manufacturer are one in the same.

In this specific instance according to the EPA the manufacturer is Carter Brothers and the OEM is SYM and that is for 2011. There is no other manufacturer listed with SYM (Taiwan) as an OEM in the list of EPA approved models for 2011. However there are several listed manufacturers that use SYM (china) as the OEM of the products they sell.

As for Lance they are not on the EPA list, they may only be a distributor for others and perhaps they are distributing in the interim for Carter Brothers? But that does not make them anything other then a temporary facility or operations center.

9. #19 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 

10. #20 Re: SYM/Carter Brothers 
    Silly me….I was referencing and quoting a federal regulatory agency database… when should be referencing internet forums?

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/veh-cer...r-01-26-11.csv

If the actual “Manufacturer Name” is not “Carter Brothers Manufacture Co., Ltd.” and it was filed under that name then those that did that would be falsifying a regulatory filing and in that committing a felony.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast