Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hi all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi all 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Great site everyone, good to be able to finally find some info on these bikes, just gotta find some time to look around properly.

Cheers,
    Jim.

2. #2 Re: Hi all 
    Welcome Jim. Women, guns, muscle-cars, fishing, a typical male Aussie profile lol
    You left off drugs and booze.
    I'm down Malmsbury way with a 200cc R/T, where are you and what is your chinabike??
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: Hi all 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Welcome Jim. Women, guns, muscle-cars, fishing, a typical male Aussie profile lol
    You left off drugs and booze.
    I'm down Malmsbury way with a 200cc R/T, where are you and what is your chinabike??

sheesh...u r a grumpy ol sod

r u sterotyping me?? watch it ...racial vilification.... gettin a bit old for the drugs and booze, though you will temp me with some 'Old No 7'
    is that grumpyness stemming from residing in that big ol house for boys there in town.

Seriously, I'm out Kilmore way and my dirtbike is a ProX 250 and the sprogs have Orion 50cc dirts.
    I'll put some pics up later as the 250 needs some mods to suit fox spotlighting so is a bit dismantled atm, though my major gripe is the front forks pretty useless even from new..then again its only clocked about 6 hours, so not really impressed with those, with luck might find some sort of mod here to fix them
    More later.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ATOMICPUNK; 04-23-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: add

4. #4 Re: Hi all 
    You're never too old for drugs and booze! Unless too crazy already or liver damaged, both in my case.
    I'm grumpy because I can't get IN to the House of Correction for Bad Boys nearby - they have games rooms, computers with free Internet, mobile phones, swimming pool, gym, colour TV in their rooms, more like a bloody luxury Hotel. They can even get leave, travel down to Melbourne to visit friends for a few days of rock and roll (sometimes with an accompanying young female 'warder') and then they come back for a rest in 5 star luxury, drugs available cheaper than street.

Spotlighting with a dirt bike sounds great. I'm too damaged and too old for that shit these days, I just sit on my arse with a bow and whistle them in. And I usually miss but there you go, still fun.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: Hi all 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Jim,

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to reading your reports and seeing pix of you and the sprogs tearing things up. So what is this ProX 250 anyway? I'm guessing that's an Aussie rebadge, but what's the underlying bike? Ditto for the Orion 50s.

As you are already discovering, Jape is one of the many pleasures in a really excellent globe-spanning forum.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Hi all 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Jim,

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to reading your reports and seeing pix of you and the sprogs tearing things up. So what is this ProX 250 anyway? I'm guessing that's an Aussie rebadge, but what's the underlying bike? Ditto for the Orion 50s.

As you are already discovering, Jape is one of the many pleasures in a really excellent globe-spanning forum.

Here ya go..

I'll put some actual pics of mine and the kids bikes as soon as its back together.
    The pic is of the same bike although a year newer than mine ,but of the same specs.

Cheers.
    Attached Images

7. #7 Re: Hi all 
    Ah so
    Apollo Orion
    that is the Zongshen engine I have been looking at http://www.elstars.com.au/products/z...-4t-p-194.html
    I would love to hear from you how it goes as I was thinking of trying to slot it into my R/T.
    The reviews I found were mixed and as it is an unbalanced engine I wasn't too much in a hurry but if it will drag a pure dirt bike around it cannot be too bad?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #8 Re: Hi all 
    Jape,

• Capacity 250cc
    • Max Power: 11.5kw @ 8,500rpm
    • Bore and Stroke: 67*65mm

15HP

They claim that is a 250cc engine but doesn't 67 by 65 yield 229cc? 167fmm
    Last edited by barnone; 04-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.

9. #9 Re: Hi all 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Jape,

• Capacity 250cc
    • Max Power: 11.5kw @ 8,500rpm
    • Bore and Stroke: 67*65mm

They claim that is a 250cc engine but doesn't 67 by 65 yield 229cc? 167fmm

Yep, its the 167FMM engine and correct, its not actually 250cc according to the numbers, also my spec sheet lists 11.5kw @ 6500 rpm.

10. #10 Re: Hi all 
    I have come to the conclusion that the 200 cc just doesn't have what I need. Even with the sprocket change I did it needs good conditions, no winds or slopes to get 100 kph. And that is just too slow and dangerous on Aussie roads where everyone speeds constantly whatever the conditions. I need just that extra bit of power, not much, just enough to cruise at 100 kph. The sprocket change has also, after experiencing it for a while, lost too much of the bottom end which made the bike OK in the bush where I also ride. The Kinlon only needs another 10% and 11.5 @ 6500 is roughly that much when compared to 11.5 @ 8500 of the 200cc.

I was going to save up and get a Yamaha 400cc instead but at the rate I manage to save I will be dead first.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast