Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hi :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi :) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey chaps
    Nice to find this forum
    Im picking up my used TMEC125-1 next weekend cant wait altho bit scared of the bad press for these chinese bikes from the die hard bikers of other forums
    its a 2010 model with 600miles but rear caliper is not working (poss needs bleeding) ? and the speedo has packed up too, i know it has been a gamble to buy this but im willing to give it a shot, wish i could find parts supplier tho that would be reassuring.
    I found another guy who had 1 and he had replaced his rear caliper with a smaller one because of the same issue not sure which 1 he used tho ?
    anyway thanks for setting up this forum its appreciated
    oh im in the UK

Mark

2. #2 Re: Hi :) 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hi Sparky, welcome to MCM
    The problem with China bikes is that many of them sold under a different name abroad, which makes it difficult to identify the bike. Surely you must have some pics of the bike from the seller. If you can post some, makes identifying the bike easier. There are a few members in the UK here on mcm, they should pitch in soon.

3. #3 Re: Hi :) 

http://www.learnerlegal.com/tmec125-p-28.html
    sparky68,
    I had a hard time bleeding the rear brake on one of my bikes and had to unbolt the caliper and raise it up to get all the air out.

4. #4 Re: Hi :) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post

http://www.learnerlegal.com/tmec125-p-28.html
    sparky68,
    I had a hard time bleeding the rear brake on one of my bikes and had to unbolt the caliper and raise it up to get all the air out.
    thats the beauty :) barnone thanks for that.
    and THIS is the actual one i bought
    thanks for the tip on bleeding the brakes

Mark

5. #5 Re: Hi :) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Hi Sparky, welcome to MCM
    The problem with China bikes is that many of them sold under a different name abroad, which makes it difficult to identify the bike. Surely you must have some pics of the bike from the seller. If you can post some, makes identifying the bike easier. There are a few members in the UK here on mcm, they should pitch in soon.
    thanks slabo i hope the ebay link helps to identify the bike somehow ?

6. #6 Re: Hi :) 
    Welcome sparky. I am assuming you are a newbie, maybe a learner from the bike choice so apologies if you are not! You will have to dig down deeper in google and get more info and post some pics of the engine and any relevant codes etc if you want people to identify it as Loncin or Lifan style for example, then you can probably find manuals and information. Also worth contacting original importers in UK.

Some of our members have plenty of experience and can identify things such as carbs and engines from pics! Often though, as Slabo suggests, you get components from many sources added onto these machines before sale as the manufacturers are often just assemblers and buy job lots of stuff and sling it together. Jialing is often a good company though.

So be aware close up pics of parts helps if you ever need particular help. And pics of you and your bike in the town or country always go down well here. Meanwhile you are in the same position as most of us and will be pleasantly surprised, for the money chinabikes can be good machines. I wouldn't reckon you should buy lots of bling, after-market mufflers etc. until it has proven itself. Many mufflers just add noise, not performance. Just check ALL the bolts, get loctite, check valves and wiring for obvious faults, get some duct tape and wear all the gear all the time. Then you may survive a year or two!

Don't expect much from a 125 donk. Depending on your weight, 50 mph would be average with a bit more if the wind is behind you. Having said that, if well maintained and not flogged you could probably ride it to China and back, slowly.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #7 Re: Hi :) 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks jape, im quite excited about getting it tbh i used to ride motocross lots an lots of yrs ago in my youth so hopefully i still have it in me to ride a bike.
    yep im newb at 42yrs old now the bike will be for commuting only to start with until i get my full bike license, really looking forward to riding in the sun to work :)
    a good friend of mine who is a full time mechanic car/bike is coming with me to pick it up and to give her a good look over it for me, ive already asked him to strip it down and rebuild it with new bolts and loctite, after reading a few times that they are good engines but the bike rattles themselves apart :D
    First job is to fix the speedo and rear brake (bleed hopefully)

Mark

8. #8 Re: Hi :) 
    sparky68,
    I have four Chinese bikes that arrived in crates and have not done the strip down and loctite to any of them. Maybe I'm lucky but I believe in if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Just saying.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: Hi :) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    sparky68,
    I have four Chinese bikes that arrived in crates and have not done the strip down and loctite to any of them. Maybe I'm lucky but I believe in if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Just saying.
    yeh good point barnone maybe im being over cautious, prob best to just give her a once over make sure all's tight .
    do you think its THIS that needs changing or the cable ? whats the most common ?

10. #10 Re: Hi :) 
    My experience says the cable. I'm not familiar with your bike but some people try to find a Japanese cable that is the right size. I have the Qlink XF200 and people recommend replacing the cable if it breaks with one from Suzuki DR200.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast