Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quick update on my quest for biker jeans: I found one in the Russian market behind the Kuntai Hotel on Chaoyangmenwai Street. They are not completely lined with kevlar, but have huge patches all over the back, the shins and knees. It is a "Lindstrands". Doesn't look like a fake, more likely they left the factory through the backdoor.
    Looks too long when I am walking around, but just right when I am sitting on the bike.
    Galaxy XTR 250

2. #22 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    Hi All, does anyone know where I can buy a decent pair of MX or Trial riding boots in Beijing? Looking for Sidi, Gaerne or something similar.

3. #23 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaPete View Post
    Hi All, does anyone know where I can buy a decent pair of MX or Trial riding boots in Beijing? Looking for Sidi, Gaerne or something similar.
    You might want to give this shop a call, identified by chinabiker ...

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...age-in-Beijing

I've been there a couple of times and it definitely has good gear. It is located in the 798 Art District. I haven't been recently, though, so I don't know what its current offerings are.

Another option might be FHL Motors, in the Lido area (not too far from the above shop).

http://www.fhlmotor.com/

I have seen MX boots in other shops, but I think they may be selling copies.

4. #24 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    Thanks, LJH. Will give them both a try, I also came across this link in one of the earlier threads: http://www.wldamotor.com/index.htm

5. #25 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Duh - I am so stupid sometimes (ok, maybe often)

Yes, that is also a great store with fair & decent prices. When I was visiting it, I was looking at helmets on the first floor, but I now recall that there was a pretty good selection of clothing gear on the second floor (I even bought a Dianese mesh jacket from it). I don't recall seeing MX boots, as I wasn't looking for them, but I would guess it has them.

Good luck!

6. #26 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Duh - I am so stupid sometimes (ok, maybe often)

Yes, that is also a great store with fair & decent prices. When I was visiting it, I was looking at helmets on the first floor, but I now recall that there was a pretty good selection of clothing gear on the second floor (I even bought a Dianese mesh jacket from it). I don't recall seeing MX boots, as I wasn't looking for them, but I would guess it has them.

Good luck!
    No worries. I called them today and they confirmed that they have most of the gear advertised on their website in stock including large sizes. I'm driving up from Tianjin in the next day or two to go visit some of these stores. For interests sake I'll let you guys know what I find.

7. #27 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    hmmn, this russian place is just around the corner from where i live, maybe i'll check that out first! anyone have an exact addy? :)
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

8. #28 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    C-Moto Noob
    The lady said she will close shop soon, that was in July, but you should just pass by and have a look. She mainly had only very large and very small sizes left.
    The Russian market is right opposite "U-Town" shopping center, off Chaoyangmenwai. See here: http://www.thebeijinger.com/director...hopping-Center
    These Russian markets are like Yashow or Silk Market but catering to Russians, hence the name.
    Opposite U-Town are two: one is called "Alien Street" and the shop I am talking about is in the other one.
    Shop is on the second floor. Just ask other shops for: "motoche de yifu, zai nar?" That shoulkd do it....
    Galaxy XTR 250

9. #29 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    thanks Rumpel, I swang past there a few days ago but didn't find anything.. didn't stay long to have a good search though.

Instead, I went to 雨田 up north around the 5th ring road and bought my HJC IS-Max helmet for 618rmb, although it doesn't have the hole for BT like the ones some others have on this forum.
    Yutian is a small shop without a lot of choices, but the prices are cheap and I saw plenty of motorcycles parked outside, including the Qjiang that I plan on buying when i get back from Xi'an!

Going to Laoshan tomorrow to apply for my license, hopefully I can squeeze everything in before I leave.. oh the excitement! :)
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

10. #30 Re: Bike Gear in Beijing? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi All,

I am currently on a business trip to bejing.

I heard that Mr yu's shop in is yaojiayuan road is good . Can some one please help me how to reach there.

I stay near zhichunlu subway station.

Please let me know if there are any other good shops near to zhichunlu subway station area.

Thanks you.
    Santhosh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123