Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    C-Moto Guru
    Question came up as a friend want to buy a used Yamaha Scooter from 1999.

I read from euphonius that his bike Jialing 600 has an 强制报废期止 - mandatory scrapping deadline of 11 years.
    Checked my bike has 13 years, a XY250-GY2 - registered in Yunnan/Kunming in 2010.

Anybody any idea why is it different, by model, city, year of registration...What do you guys got? Lets see if we can make somethin out of it to understand the local setting better...here is for an starter:

13 years - Shineray XY250-GY2; Registration 05/2010; Kunming/Yunnan

2. #2 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    ...13 years - Shineray XY250-GY2; Registration 05/2010; Kunming/Yunnan

Depends region it's 8-10 yr + 3 yr (延缓报废) http://baike.baidu.com/view/2709362.html
    That last 3 yr need half yearly visits "offical" . http://www.wuhai.gov.cn/inforead/rea...B2%BF&id=10978
    -
    TiC When deadline comes -Ride it illegally - Stamp another "vin" & registered as new in some "remote" places
    Last edited by humanbeing; 05-04-2011 at 06:18 AM.

3. #3 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    When deadline comes -Ride it illegally - Stamp another "vin" & registered as new in some "remote" places
    Haha, that's why this country is still fun to live in!

My XTR250 got 12 years, registered in 2009 in nanjing.

4. #4 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    TiC When deadline comes -Ride it illegally - Stamp another "vin" & registered as new in some "remote" places
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Haha, that's why this country is still fun to live in!
    And also why it can p#@s you off
    Andy

5. #5 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    C-Moto Regular
    This is all very informative news, I've learned a ton of new things from this website. Does anyone know if the mandatory scrapping deadline also applies to cars, and if so, what the rules and time limits are?

I'd be very curious to know what the deal is here. It sure looks like the government prefers to scrap vehicles when they reach a pre-determined 'age limt'. This is consistent with many other things about China, i.e. new buildings quickly becoming old buildings, demolished, rebuilt, etc. Same thing with road construction, new roads become old roads in a few years, they get torn up, reconstructed etc.

So I'm wondering how long the period is before the mandatory scrapping deadline for cars, and what happens when they scrap the cars -- if indeed that rule applies?

6. #6 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    My car is 13 years and my motorcycle is 13 years, both with Guangdong registration. The roads seem to last about 3-5 years, houses about 10-15, apartment buildings maybe 20-30. Those fancy govt buildings made of polished marble look as though they will be around for a while though.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #7 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    I think they don't scrap vehicles. A soon as cars reached their "mandatory" scrapping date, they will be sold to the next lower level city / province. This will be repeated until the car dissolves naturally.

The black Santana species is almost extinct in Beijing, has been very popular in Shijiazhuang in the last couple of years and can be seen more an more often in remote counties of Western Yunnan. Next, they will be shipped to Africa.
    Andy

8. #8 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    I think they don't scrap vehicles. A soon as cars reached their "mandatory" scrapping date, they will be sold to the next lower level city / province. This will be repeated until the car dissolves naturally.

The black Santana species is almost extinct in Beijing, has been very popular in Shijiazhuang in the last couple of years and can be seen more an more often in remote counties of Western Yunnan. Next, they will be shipped to Africa.
    By that logic, I would think you should have a picture of some in Mahuangyu

Cheers!
    ChinaV

9. #9 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    ...black Santana species is almost extinct in Beijing, has been very popular in Shijiazhuang in the last couple of years and can be seen more an more often in remote counties of Western Yunnan. Next, they will be shipped to Africa.
    非营运9座(含)以下客车报废年限为15年。最初的6年内每2年审验1次,之后为1年1审,使用年限超过1 5年后,每半年审验1次,能通过审验即可无限延期,签注至2099年12月31日
    "Private" < or = 9 seater don't had REAL "mandatory" scrapping date . Those half yearly check after 15 yrs is just a joke in "remote" places.

10. #10 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    By that logic, I would think you should have a picture of some in Mahuangyu

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast