Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    Are you sure Pete? The underlying Chinese theme I keep coming up against is being unreasonable. Bike bans, ride your bike on the sidewalk, blocking half the internet, getting upset if someone says you don't actually own half of the entire Asia pacific region. Forced scrapping on 120,000 kms would seem to follow the 'unreasonable rule made by poorly endowed insecure bureaucrat' theme.

2. #22 Re: 强制报废期止 or mandatory scrapping deadline 
    C-Moto Regular
    I'm just translating what it says and right now it doesn't seem like they are going to force bikes off the road at 120,000 kms. They've also got these mileage recommendations for basically all commercially operated vehicles now but to lump bikes into this category isn't very fair in my opinion. But then again in China you see "no motorcycles between 0900 and 2200" signs next to very similar signs for trucks. I can sort of understand the thinking behind this. It's the idea that commercially operated vehicles and motorcycles are all old bangers that spew blue smoke everywhere and in China that is often the case.

My concern is that if you exceed 120,000 on your bike, you may start to have trouble passing annual inspections.
    Last edited by PeteZ; 02-13-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123