Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Everybody, just thought I would introduce myself and say hello. I am new to the whole chinese bike thing, when I was a kid I had three bikes, one Honda one Yamaha and one Suzuki RM80. My favorite was the Suzuki, back then there were just four realistic choices if you wanted a dirt bike. I was pretty surprised when I stopped in at small shop near where I work and there was not a single Japanese bike in the place! I have been out of motorcycling for a couple of decades and how things have changed. I discovered that day a bike called the Konker KSM200 and after a little digging online I felt that it would be an affordable way to get back into my old hobby. I lived in Thailand a few winters after college and the whole Chinese Moto community thing reminds me of Asia which adds to the fun. When the weather gets a little better I will be heading out to the mountains on my Konker so I will put up some pics, but in the mean time here's a couple shots of the bike.

My toys:

2. #2 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Sweet. So clean, it's strange to see bikes this clean.
    Welcome to MCM..

3. #3 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    Welcome to MCM, McK!

The Konker/QingQi 200s are still the best of the Chinese made bikes around and you can find plenty of info on them here.

Mind telling us what it costs and what are you initial impressions of the bike?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    thats a nice looking bike man good luck with it
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #5 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, the bike cost me $1700 canadian in the crate. I paid the shop what they call PDI of about $200 to assemble it, inspect it and get it running. The MSRP here in Canada is about $3000-$3200, I bought it "as is" with no warranty, the deal was kind of dubious the shop owner said something about not being able to get parts or even an answer to his emails. What's interesting is that a guy from work here knows friends of the guy who owns Konker and he said they have gone out of business. When I checked their website it had dissappeared! (It was still up just yesterday) I did a search and found a facebook group made up of disgruntled Konker dirt bike owners. One person claimed that a bike she bought had already siezed up with only 211kms on it. I am not worried since I had no warranty to begin with, if something goes wrong with it I will just try to get parts myself and pay the guys at the shop where I bought it to fix it. To me its all part of the fun!

I rode it for only the second time yesterday and so far so good, I quite like it but time will tell. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes regardless of what happens. Great website!

6. #6 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    McKonker,
    Nice bike. I have the USA version called Qlink XF200 which I got in a crate and put it together. I have about 2k kms on it with no problems. Riders here and at another site seem to be real happy with the bikes. Don't know if the Konker is as lean as the the Qlink but I increased the main jet to a 125 for a little more power. Also added a tooth to the front sprocket for less RPM at cruise.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #7 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Barnone, I suspect these bikes are exactly the same. I just got this thing and spent a bit of cash on a jacket, cover for the bike etc. but as the summer goes on I am going to attempt a couple of mods. People say a new exhaust is a good one, and I might try to change out the rear sprocket. Do you know how much extra horsepower you get from the re-jet?

8. #8 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    I did some dyno runs when I changed the main jet and gained about 1.5 rear wheel HP. Max was 14.5 HP on this dyno but the nice result was the smoothing of the curve. I also tried a Yoshimura can but it was way too noisy for my taste and I went back to stock.

Blue is stock 122.5 , red is 127.5
    Ignore green curve as it was in a different gear.
    Plug reading implied that 127.5 was too rich so I went to the 125.
    Maybe a Konker owner could join in with the stock main jet size.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    C-Moto Noob
    OK so I just rode out to my brothers place and back. I've got about 20 kilometers on the bike now, and I took a close look at the engine and there are no leaks whatsoever. Bike ran great, I had it up to about 90 kph. When I went to first get on it I noticed that the left front plastic faring had come loose and the wee grommet had fallen out along with the screw so I just took them off both sides and they will probably never go back on. Either it was sloppy assembly or it came loose in transit but either way something has already fallen off! I am thinking I will take it back to the shop after a couple of weeks and have the oil changed and have them check it all over to make sure that nothing important is loose. Sounds a bit rattly around the front end so I will take a close look there but I think this bike just vibrates a little on account of being cheap. The plastic used for the fenders seems potentially brittle, not soft and flexible like my Suzuki's but then again its not a dirt bike. Oh and the clutch handle is the wrong size and flops around so I am going to pick up a replacement, I prefer the little two finger ones anyway. Cheers, McKonker

10. #10 Re: Hey From Calgary Canada! 
    Welcome to the fabulous world of Chinabikes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast