Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    and more...

1.2.2.22 摩托车车在高速公路上可以占用路肩进行超车。
    答案:错误

1.2.2.22 When a motorcycle runs on the expressway, it can overtake from the road shoulder.
    Answer: Wrong

5.2.1.9 雨天摩托车在高速公路行驶发生“水滑”现象时,应 。
    A.急踏制动踏板减速
    B.迅速转动转向把进行调整
    C.握稳转向把,逐渐降低车速
    D.提高车速增大车轮排水量
    答案:C

5.2.1.9 If a motorcycle experiences a “water sliding” phenomenon when running on an expressway in rain, the driver should __________.
    A. Reduce speed by suddenly depress the brake pedal
    B. Immediately turn the steering wheel to adjust
    C. Control the direction and gradually reduce the speed
    D. Increase the speed to increase the displacement of the wheels
    Answer: C

5.2.1.11 摩托车在高速公路发生故障需停车检查时,应在 停车。
    A.最外侧行车道上
    B.内侧行车道上
    C.紧急停车带
    D.匝道口三角地带
    答案:C

5.2.1.11 When a motorcycle needs to stop for trouble shooting after having a trouble on an expressway, the driver should stop the vehicle __________.
    A. In the far outer lane
    B. In the inner lane
    C. In the emergency strip
    D. In the triangle area on the ramp
    Answer: C

5.2.2.14 摩托车在高速公路行驶中,遇意外情况紧急需停车时,可在行车道上直接停车。

5.2.2.14 When a motorcycle running on an expressway needs to stop when encountering an unexpected emergency, the driver may directly stop the vehicle in the carriageway.

1.2.1.47 在高速公路上行驶的摩托车不得超过每小时 。
    A.80公里
    B.90公里
    C.100公里
    D.110公里
    答案:A

1.2.1.47 When a motorcycle runs on the expressway, the speed should not exceed ______ per hour.
    A. 80km
    B. 90km
    C. 100km
    D. 110km
    Answer: A

1.2.2.22 摩托车车在高速公路上可以占用路肩进行超车。

1.2.2.22 When a motorcycle runs on the expressway, it can overtake from the road shoulder.

1.2.2.28 两轮摩托车在高速公路行驶时,不得载人。
    答案:正确

1.2.2.28 When running on the expressway, a two-wheeled motorcycle cannot carry people.
    Answer: Right
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #22 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Wow, that was quite the little adventure going through the tunnel to Changxing Island and back. I hope you can complete the adventure and take the bridge all the way to Chongming then let us know how that goes.

It's really too bad that they build all this great infrastructure and ban bikes from using it, even if the law doesn't expressly forbid it. The traffic looks very light, and the roads are smooth and fast --- perfect riding conditions, in other words.

Getting back on topic, for scenic rides there are quite a few in the Shanghai area. They wouldn't really compare to what the other areas have to offer, and they aren't spectacular, but they do make for fun and relaxing riding with an adventure or two thrown in.

The Dianshan Lake run is quite nice, making a loop with the southern tier along the G318 and doubling back through Kunshan.

The river road that goes out past Songjiang to Zhejiang (Dingzha) and the countryside area around Xitang is quite fun.

There are good rides along the beach area south of Pudong, and unexplored areas towards the south tip of Pudong by the ocean which looks like a long circular lake of some sorts from my google maps. Worth checking out.

Areas in Jiangsu province south of the Yangzte would seem fun, for example out past Changshu city.

I really want to try the ride south to Hangzhou on a bridge that you can supposedly take your bike on elevators and ride up. Wheee, that'd be a trip

That's about all I can think of for now

3. #23 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    Seems the thread has moved from "Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ?" to "How to enter & ride on expressways in China".

I'm a big fan of slabbing out of Shanghai to get to the nicer roads faster (and safer). I do press my luck at times, but know it's a karma thing, so I don't want to exploit it. [With that said, I do it often.] I most recently rode out to Jinshan from Xinzhuang on the expressway about 3 weeks ago. With the traffic moving at speeds in excess of 130kph, I wouldn't recommend riding on these roads with small displacement bikes.

Back to the theme at hand: "Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai"
    There is not much close to Shanghai, but if you ever find yourself near Tonglu (south of Fuyang, which is just south of Hangzhou), check out the 50km stretch of the S210 that runs to Pujiang. Given that this strech is 350km outside of Shanghai shows how relative your topic is becoming!

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post17635

4. #24 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    Great thread Fred. It's swinging from topic to topic but it's all usefull chat.

Euphonius has said it already, but it's worth mentioning that there are some nice scenic areas out in the Minhang District of Shanghai between Xinzhuang, Songjiang, and Fengxian. You can see beaches, lakes, bridges, mountains (Sheshan), tree plantations, wooded areas, perfect empty highways, all on a weekend day trip. You've done more riding than i have so i'm afraid i can't really offer anything else. I'll look forward to reports from your Moganshan trip tho. I've been eyeing a Moganshan and Anji trip for a while now.

As for riding on expressways, i can only attest after taking the theory test recently, that there are still a number of questions related to motorcycle riding on expressways. One should only assume that if riding on expressways was prohibited in China, then there wouldn't be motorcycle speed limits on the expressways, or laws prohibiting motorcyclists from carrying a pasenger on the expressways.

5. #25 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    After living in Shanghai for over 8 years and riding in and out of Shanghai numerous times, I have to declare that "Scenic road" and "close to Shanghai" are oxymoronic. You won't see anything worth looking unless you pass beyond either Anji or LinAn, about 250km outside of Shanghai, after which the sky looks bluer, water tastes better, air cleaner with plenty of twisties to boot. I strongly suggest that we focus on Jeff's suggestion and venture into the expressway so we can get to interesting scenery within 3 hours, vs. 5 to 6 painful and dangerous hours.
    Jeff, is ther any plan to put your scheme to practice? With the expressway option, we can do a lot in a weekend.

6. #26 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    Back on topic. You guys have been to taihu, but have you been to xishan? It's the big island in the middle of the lake, you need to cross three big bridges to get there. It's got some very nice roads circling it, but the real gem is the scenic road that they built in the mountains in the middle. Look what i mean. Here's the catch: they built this road as a tourist attraction and it is closed to traffic; you buy a ticket at the gate and they drive you up there in an electric car. Gay. So here's how to get in on your bike: you to western end of the road and there's a small gap in the gate, if you go fast the guards won't catch you. Bomb across to the other side, do a U-turn a couple of corners before the east gate, and do it again in reverse to get out where you came in. Best road in Jiangsu province.

The parts of taihu between the xishan bridge and wuxi are also very nice. Lots of fishing villages full of old boats to take pictures of. It's not zhejiang, but it's way nicer than dianshanhu.

Still on taihu, but this time on the west side of wuxi is the mashan peninsula. Possibly not worth riding all the way from shanghai for, but if you're close it's definitely worth the detour. More pics and details about that place in my CJ thread.

7. #27 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    C-Moto Regular
    This might very well just be the winner! What would be the best way to reach it using non-expressway routes?

8. #28 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    Depends if you want to get there fast or get there the nice way.

The G312 is the fast way, but it's a never ending river of factories and trucks as shanghai turns into kunshan which then turns into suzhou. Stay on the 312 and go past suzhou, then head south towards the lake.

The nice way is the G318 which goes south of dianshanhu and then small roads through zhouzhuang and wujiang; has been talked about a lot on this forum lately. Takes longer but that's the way i'd go unless i was really in a rush.

9. #29 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    Thanks Steve, Felix and others who shared some tips.

When I went to Taihu (Dongshan, not Xishan yet), I followed the "Felix route", posted in another thread. Rode for 350km that day, it was nice but we all agree that it's not Zhejiang material. Still it's much much better than nothing.

Anyway, there're not 36 ways of saying this : we do realize that Shanghai is not the best place on earth to quickly reach scenic roads/areas...
    Tomorrow, I will hit again the roads around Dianshan Hu, then Zhouzhuang, etc. .
    This WE will be Moganshan, I'll post the report on the duration of the trip using the G318 then the G104.

10. #30 Re: Best scenic road, the closest possible from Shanghai ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    This WE will be Moganshan, I'll post the report on the duration of the trip using the G318 then the G104.
    To get on G104,this is the short cut we usually take in order to avoid the heavy traffic in parts of HuZhou 湖州:
    http://ditu.google.cn/maps?f=d&sourc...,0.936584&z=11
    The take-off point from G318 is BaLiDian bridge (八里店桥).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast