Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Great great great great!

Awesome pics & narrative. Can't access the videos cuz of ... well, you know.

Maybe the scrawny 125 guy was sent to see if you folks had fallen off a cliff? You can usually tell if it is a low-level, rural government official if he is riding with black p-leather slip-on dress shoes (always a sure sign). Mid-level officials have the shoes & an i-phone. Senior officials have the shoes, the phone, a black A6 ... and blow > .08.

Tx for sharing!

2. #22 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure continued again ;) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentza View Post
    This is the way to do it, no sponsorships, no big BMWs or support cars, just a bunch of mates on a shoestring budget carrying enough tools, spares and know-how to keep themselves going, this is motorcycle adventuring.
    You could not be more right. That's my kind of adventure too!

3. #23 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure continued again ;) 
    Just when you thought it was safe to read other ride reports, the Great guangdong adventure strikes back! (well sort of), there is a new video up on youtube, and the final one is uploading now, I'll provide links and the final installment tonight!

4. #24 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure continued again ;) 
    Thanks of the vid. Goes without saying that if you live in China you drive with a china bike. And......if you live in Germany you drive with a BMW In USA you drive HD But in Finland you can drive whatever

5. #25 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure continued again ;) 
    I'm curious about Martin's "no-name" internet bike, as it appears to be exactly like most of the cheap bikes I'm looking at on Taobao currently, from Chongqing...

6. #26 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure continued again ;) 
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    I'm curious about Martin's "no-name" internet bike, as it appears to be exactly like most of the cheap bikes I'm looking at on Taobao currently, from Chongqing...
    hey mate welcome to the forum, martins bike is a cqr 250 and your right it's from chongqing. I'll get serpenza to send you a pm, he's bought a couple from the same company now, for the money they are great for short trips and some trail riding around Zengcheng.

I'll be in zc on thursday and friday this week, so if you're around let me know

also there's a huge motorbike market in Guangzhuo you might want to check out for riding gear, there's an article on here about it from chinaV.

cheers rich

7. #27 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure continued again ;) 
    Quote Originally Posted by richardktm View Post
    hey mate welcome to the forum, martins bike is a cqr 250 and your right it's from chongqing. I'll get serpenza to send you a pm, he's bought a couple from the same company now, for the money they are great for short trips and some trail riding around Zengcheng.

I'll be in zc on thursday and friday this week, so if you're around let me know

also there's a huge motorbike market in Guangzhuo you might want to check out for riding gear, there's an article on here about it from chinaV.

cheers rich
    Thanks Rich.
    I'm still trying to find out whether I can get my MC DL at the moment. I haven't had time to sort any of this out yet, as I have to work during the week and the offices are closed on the weekend. My wife is also stubbornly resisting helping me, so that has been a bit of an issue as well. I know about the bike market, but, as I said, I want to start with the license first and then go from there. If I can even get the license, I am still several months out from being able to do that, as I will have to renew my residence permit and contract and temorarily change my residence. in june or july to meet the license requirements. Trying to be patient at the moment and get myself armed with all of the information I can gather from this forum...

Will keep posting updates...

Thanks for your help

Pope

Just a reminder that now isn't the time to.be riding

SHENZHEN police detained a Russian expatriate accused of drunkenly driving an electric bike Friday night near The Peninsula estate in Shekou, Nanshan District, as part of a coordinated action that led to confiscations of more than 4,000 illegal electric bikes across the city.****Police didnt release the Russian mans name but said yesterday a blood test showed his blood-alcohol level reached 99.2 mg per 100 ml, exceeding the legal limit of 80 mg per 100 ml.****Police said the man was the first expat caught by police since this months start of a 100-day crackdown on electric bike and motorcycle violations. The Russian could face one to six months in jail, police said.****Also in Shekou during Fridays sweep, a Hong Kong man was fined and had his electric bike impounded because it exceeded national standards for speed and weight.****Police impounded 920 motorcycles and 4,134 illegal electric bikes across Shenzhen from Friday through Sunday. Sixty-eight drivers were detained for driving motorcycles, which are banned in the city; conducting illegal taxi services; or for violently resisting police.****Shenzhen banned motorcycles in most parts of the city in 1997 and placed restrictions on e-bikes that fail to meet national standards in April 2012.****People caught operating a motorcycle can be detained for up to 15 days and fined 2,000 yuan (US$319). People caught operating e-bikes for business purposes two or more times also can be detained, for five to 10 days.****Drivers of electric bikes that fail to meet national standards no more than 20 kilometers an hour in speed or 40 kilograms in weight will be fined 1,000 yuan and have their bikes impounded. Fines will be doubled for drivers of illegal electric bikes who carry passengers.****Police said there are about 500,000 electric bikes in Shenzhen and 80 percent of them exceed national standards. E-bike drivers are frequently involved in traffic accidents, with crashes leading to at least 46 deaths in the city so far this year.****

9. #29 Re: The Great Guangdong Adventure 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentza View Post
    Just a reminder that now isn't the time to.be riding
    SHENZHEN police detained a Russian expatriate accused of drunkenly driving an electric bike Friday night near The Peninsula estate in Shekou, Nanshan District....
    Got a link to the newspaper article by any chance???

it's in today's Shenzhen daily, szdaily.com along with some bullshit article about motorcycle accidents and deaths, so strange how bikes are never mentioned, but now there's a crackdown they have all.these "to justify why we're removing evil bikes" articles :p

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast