Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: DF250RTB Chopper 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob The Other One's Avatar
    Acoording to countyimports.com, these two bikes are the same thing except the rear fender. I can tell the gas tank is a little different too and the seat, but I think they are the same thing underneath.

The bobber has the same dimensions too. (70 inch wheebase and 26 inch seat height). I am confused why the choppers are called 3/4 size and the bobber is called full size due to these dimensions if they are accurate. The bobber does look bigger in the videos with people riding it though.

2. #12 Re: DF250RTB Chopper 
    bigger wheels on the bobber and the forks are different giving the chopper a smaller appearance. the frame is basically the same
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #13 Re: DF250RTB Chopper 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other One View Post
    Then you should see the one that Ithought was too lame:
    At least they showed it in action--the acting was superb, too!

4. #14 Re: DF250RTB Chopper 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other One View Post
    Acoording to countyimports.com, these two bikes are the same thing except the rear fender. I can tell the gas tank is a little different too and the seat, but I think they are the same thing underneath.

The bobber has the same dimensions too. (70 inch wheebase and 26 inch seat height). I am confused why the choppers are called 3/4 size and the bobber is called full size due to these dimensions if they are accurate. The bobber does look bigger in the videos with people riding it though.
    this explains why:
    Bobbers are related to choppers in that they both take a minimalistic approach This includes the characteristic rigid frame and shortened "bobbed" rear fender. The main difference is that bobbers are typically built around unstretch frames and stock fork rake, while a chopper frame is often stretch out and welded into shape with enlongated forks.

5. #15 Re: DF250RTB Chopper 
    so if you use same frame it's already a full size for bobbers but still 3/4 size for choppers.

6. #16 Re: DF250RTB Chopper 
    C-Moto Guru
    bought my chopper DF250 CHA/B thru killer motorsport cause they licence and tag it for ya

only prob Ive had was

unable to find same size tires if needing a replacement - will use moped front and car low profile rear if it comes to it

extreamly low gearing , added a 17 tooth front brought it to 65 top speed but engine still has more to give (holds it like a champ) (I'm 150 lbs bike only 240 lbs) actually concidering a 33 tooth rear :p ( 1.9 ratio would bring my top end to about 80 allowing "cruising" at 70-75ish) 20" tall back tire requires extream gearing

and rectifier dimming lights on high revs and popping bulbs on returning to low revs (new one on order)

I'm 150-160 lb 6'5 male austin texas area only minor road grades, needed to extend forward controls 1 full foot and
    currently working on fabricating a split dual air ram (2 90degree angles) to feed the bike at highway speeds , and a sissybar backrest
    nearly have 500 miles on bike already 80% of that is 60-65mph highway miles

run good seems reliable , only piece of advise I have is if you get yours and headlights dim when ya rev it , order another rectifier (to avoid popping running light/headlight/taillight/turn signal relays every time you ride it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12