Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Stolen scooter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Stolen scooter 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear about your misfortune. It is very frustrating and makes one furious when a bike (or anything, actually) is stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaofei View Post
    This was an inside job.
    You're probably correct. I had an e-scooter stolen from my "heavily-guarded" residence in the middle of the night. There was no battery in it (upstairs being recharged) so they would have had to push it through not one, but two locked & "guarded" pedestrian gates. I feel the same about an inside job. Our "guards" are tiny young migrants being paid pittance to do a very shitty job. Supplementing their income probably seems quite rational.

They leave nothing but a cigarette butt and a cut cable tie.
    We need a Beijing CSI. According to television, the crime could be solved in less than 60 minutes, usually by sexy lab techs.

Back at home I went back to the video room and got the footage on USB drive.
    Give us the Youku link after you've uploaded it. :)

Another lessons learned could be the legal bike with registration and all. But I bet, this also won't keep them from taking the bike, if it didn't even encourage them to. Also, I am still too stingy. ;-)
    One of the reasons I am an advocate of legal bikes is to purposefully NOT be a customer (supporter) of the stolen bike trade. Hidden on the other side of that "great deal" is someone shedding a lot of tears.

2. #22 Re: Stolen scooter 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi LJH,

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Our "guards" are tiny young migrants being paid pittance to do a very shitty job. Supplementing their income probably seems quite rational
    Yeah, that's true. I always imagine people who screw me over or steal from me as people who didn't have as much luck as I had. Maybe they need the money to buy medicine for their parents or children... and not for booze and KTV girls.

We need a Beijing CSI. According to television, the crime could be solved in less than 60 minutes, usually by sexy lab techs.
    I strongly support your suggestion and I vote for Zhang Ziyi as head investigator. (Ohh, that will cause trouble here, but I admit it, I actually like her. )

Give us the Youku link after you've uploaded it. :)
    I can only find the unspectacular video showing the two hooded "mechanics" walking away through the compound and another video showing the rider coming out of the parking lot. Not much for youku, sorry.

One of the reasons I am an advocate of legal bikes is to purposefully NOT be a customer (supporter) of the stolen bike trade. Hidden on the other side of that "great deal" is someone shedding a lot of tears.
    It's always good to be legal, no doubt.
    Shineray X2
    Zongshen CQR250
    Zhanying 125

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123