Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Great RR.Where's your buddy?

Hopefully you have all the crashes over done with now.

Ride carefully remember that old saying "The mule is slow but the earth is patient."

Better to slow down and catch up time another day.

Chances are you won't be averaging 80 -90kph in Xinjiang unless your on the Toll road.

You can do it but to many other things that can take you out.

2. #22 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Magnifient landscape and great pics with unique perspective. The beautiful rider seems to have a total blast on the saddle. **sigh** I need to get out of Shanghai and head out "west".
    Your several mishaps and their respective cirmstances are probably similarly experienced by most of us, especially during our first couple of years riding in China. If memory serves me, they will probably not be the last ones. So keep on high alert while enjoying yourself. Thanks for taking us along.

3. #23 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Great RR.Where's your buddy?

Hopefully you have all the crashes over done with now.

Ride carefully remember that old saying "The mule is slow but the earth is patient."

Better to slow down and catch up time another day.

Chances are you won't be averaging 80 -90kph in Xinjiang unless your on the Toll road.

You can do it but to many other things that can take you out.
    Hey Damo, I just tried to respond to your message and had many questions....but your box is full so I can't contact you. And leaving tomorrow and not sure when I'll have internet (maybe Yushu?). Really hoping to speak with you. Thanks for the information!

4. #24 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    Magnifient landscape and great pics with unique perspective. The beautiful rider seems to have a total blast on the saddle. **sigh** I need to get out of Shanghai and head out "west".
    Your several mishaps and their respective cirmstances are probably similarly experienced by most of us, especially during our first couple of years riding in China. If memory serves me, they will probably not be the last ones. So keep on high alert while enjoying yourself. Thanks for taking us along.
    Kind thanks Milton. I'm really grateful I've gotten through what I have already. I think I'm incredibly lucky... but don't want to push my 9 lives....

5. #25 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Hi, would really appreciate it if anyone has input on the road from Ganze, Shiqu to Yushu...
    It looks like a long remote stretch and wondering if I should carry a container of fuel....I get about 300km in the GalaxyXTR250.
    Thanks for any input on this road.

6. #26 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowZeDong View Post
    Hey Damo, I just tried to respond to your message and had many questions....but your box is full so I can't contact you. And leaving tomorrow and not sure when I'll have internet (maybe Yushu?). Really hoping to speak with you. Thanks for the information!
    I have deleted some of my inbox now.

Try this Xiinjiang Moto forum if you can read and write Manadrin.http://www.xjmotobar.com/

7. #27 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    double post

8. #28 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    Been through that route and its a beautiful road. Some rough spots but mostly lumpy bitumen (tar road).

There is a pass at the border and on the other side should be perfectly paved and straight downhill to XieWuZhen (where G124 and S307 meet). You can get gas there. Also there's a monestary on the hill you could check out...

High-res satellite photos reveal blacktop from there to Yushu. Years ago, that short stretch was a bike buster.

Qinghai is not like Sichuan. Please keep your electronics and documents with you at Yushu.

-Yushu many years ago-

The road to Qumalai is fantastic. Once in Qumalai, FILL UP your tank. You can take the small road from Qumalai to BuDongQuan on G109. That road is now mostly paved and will take you through the transitional high altitude desert to grassland region. Welcome to the plateau! Amazing wildlife, LOTS of Golden eagles, marmots, hares, picas, gazelle like creatures and other animal friends to keep you company. This road is, btw, a road that bird watching tours come through and they are major ducats! Photographic zenland..hope you've got your 80-400 handy! :)

-From Yushu to Qumalai-

-From QML to BDQ-

From BuDongQuan (which is over 4k meters near the KeKeXiLi Range), it's an all paved uphill to the Kunlun Mountain Pass (watch out for snow) and then when you come down the other side, it'll feel like you're in parts of Utah or Arizona. A very dramatic change.

109 also carries some 90% of all the truck traffic into Lhasa so stay to the right. Before you know it, you'll be able to recharge your batteries and do some maintenence in Golmud. Lots of internet, good showers and mucho fruit stands.

-Golmud at Night-

CC

Quote Originally Posted by MeowZeDong View Post
    Hi, would really appreciate it if anyone has input on the road from Ganze, Shiqu to Yushu...
    It looks like a long remote stretch and wondering if I should carry a container of fuel....I get about 300km in the GalaxyXTR250.
    Thanks for any input on this road.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #29 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    That's just spectacular part of the world and your photo's CC are just awe inspiring.Hope it hasn't changed to much.She's going to love it.

Do you wish you where back there Carl?

10. #30 Re: LITANG/GANZE REPORT? Re: Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride 
    All the time my man.... all the time.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast