Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hi from UK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi from UK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi to everyone, Have just bought a 2009 Zennco YB125 supermotard as a project. I know it would have been cheaper/easier to buy new but I like a challenge Anyway its also an excuse to to read the witty comments on the forums. have attached a pic (go easy on me ha ha ) safe riding IMG_1648.jpg

2. #2 Re: Hi from UK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome to the forum, Zennco!

Nice looking bike, and I can tell you worship her already, given that you've strewn her path with flower petals. Now THAT's love!

She's actually looking to be in pretty good shape, hardly a fixerupper. What work are you planning? Hope you'll keep making pictures as you go, so we can all share in the tutorial. (Unsolicited tip: The heavy contrast that's concealing most bike detail in this picture is due to the bright background. Use a more neutral background and your camera will be less confused. Or add some fill flash, though in this instance the white garage door would reflect the flash back and maybe make things even worse...)

How does she run? How many km/miles on the clock? What do you like/dislike about this bike.

Incidentally, Google suggests that the Zennco YB125 is a Zongshen. Is yours among these bikes?

Good luck and safe riding!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Hi from UK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Euphonius, thanks for your comment. The bike rides fairly well and has a nice comfortable riding position. It looks as if its been stored outside so will need a bit of cosmetic work done, hence the over exposed picture, I promise the petals were accidental though. So far Ive only changed the engine oil and spark plug and adjusted the chain. For anybody who has a Zennco check out this site it has a good workshop page with a photographic step by step guide to the above jobs http://zennco-yb125.weebly.com/index.html safe riding.

4. #4 Re: Hi from UK 
    C-Moto Noob
    I was under the impression that this model of Zennco was made by CQ Loncin Holdings, so the possibility that it may be a Zongshen, may explain my difficulty in trying to source parts (many thanks for that Euphonius) It is supposed to have a Honda CG 125 copy as a powerplant but I dont know which derivative, I would be grateful for any suggestions. I will keep a photo diary of work I do on her but be warned it may not be a pretty sight.
    Ps I'm after a rocker gasket so I can do the valve clearances and an intake manifold as it looks a bit perished if anybody knows a part code or reference number of a generic part that would be cool. http://zenncoparts.chinesemotorcycle...o.uk/index.php are listing some parts but without the parts code its a bit of a lottery.
    Good luck and safe riding.

5. #5 Re: Hi from UK 
    Welcome to the forum.

6. #6 Re: Hi from UK 
    Hi m8

I am in the UK too - if you need any info/advice just let me know and I'll do my best to help - we are a rare breed here in Blighty!

Andy

7. #7 Re: Hi from UK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks Moilami/Andy for your posts. Andy you are quite right about being a rare breed here, and after trying to identify which parts I can use on my bike its no wonder ha ha. However I am a glutton for punishment and have found I get more stubborn as I get older so I will endevour tocomplete my quest in the immortal words of "Blakey" from on the buses "if its the last thing I do!" :-)

8. #8 Re: Hi from UK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ive just realised that my last, probably doesn't make a bit of sense to anybody. Hey Ho
    safe riding

9. #9 Re: Hi from UK 
    Believe it or not, your post makes 100% sense to me - one of my all time favourite telly shows, 'I'' get you Butler' ha ha.

Keep in touch m8 n have a look at my pics in the newcomer section which I posted a few weeks ago n let me know what you think?

Andy

10. #10 Re: Hi from UK 
    Yeah welcome mate. The line between enthusiast and nutcase when it comes to doing up old variations on chinabikes is thin ... but anyone who enjoyed 'On the Buses' would walk it easily. Did you send in your Blakey pic for that twiitter gag of Ross Noble's?

The Zhongs had quite a good reputation especially with the 200gy but have been left behind a bit it seems, they went OK in USA for a while with bikes and ATV's so if you get stuck on sourcing anything, check in with 'Spudrider' at http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums
    Not that we don't want you here, because we do and look forward to your pics and posts - but Spud is a real Zhong enthusiast and dealer for parts and always tries to help.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast