Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: pd250 chopper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 pd250 chopper. 
    C-Moto Noob
    If anyone is still looking for information on these bikes, I believe I have some good news. They are a re-badged Lifan lf250C. http://www.americanlifan.com/ They proudly dispay it as their site header, but supply no info about it as one of their products, so I believe it's not being marketed by Lifan in the U.S. yet. Here is the link for the Lifan group spec sheet, http://www.lifan.com/english/Industr...a-ea4fd45ade3c. I hope this helps,
    bad_habits1

2. #2 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Habits,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for an informative post. What, if anything, are you riding, and what brought you to mychinamoto?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: pd250 chopper. 

4. #4 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Habits,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for an informative post. What, if anything, are you riding, and what brought you to mychinamoto?

cheers
    Thank you for the warm welcome! At the moment I'm not riding anything due to an unfortunate accident by my stepfather on his brand new Heritage Softail classic that left him a parapalegic for what ended up being the last 2 years of his life. I gave up riding to save what was left of my Mother's sanity. He has been gone a couple of years now and mom has healed emotionally so, as I can no longer abide not riding I started doing research on bikes and ended up here. Your forum is very well maintained and professional, very similar to the one I'm a part of for boats, so I decided to make it my home as it were. In doing my research I discovered a bike I want very badly and was hoping to find more info and possibly a video or two to no avail. I'm absolutely obsessed with the QLink 250 Tour (Formerly Vento V Thunder) When begining research I knew that I wanted a smaller displacement lighter bike that had the appearance of being full sized. I liked the Kymco at first, then I discovered the Hyosung Gv 250. Also very nice. I also liked the Sunl SL 300. Then one day the clouds opened up and the angels sang as I found the Tour 250 while looking at a Legacy for my wife.The Tour 250 is the epitome of everything I ever wanted in a motorcycle. Custom full dresser looks,light weight, small displacement, and very affordable. I've heard nothing positive about my choice from my rider buddies, they all hate Chinese bikes. They also think that I need a liter or above bike. I've heard every possible argument such as anything smaller will be uncomfortable... after a year you'll be looking for something bigger...adnauseum. The bottom line is I want a stylish cruiser that has manageable power size and weight. I know what I want a bike for, and it isn't running 75 on the interstate anyway. I want a bike for liesurely trips on back highways so I can actually see the country, not just log miles. I apologize about the longwindedness of my reply, thank you for your time.

bad_habits1.

5. #5 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    C-Moto Noob
    To MJH,

Thank you for your reply. We sell them at Evosales also http://evosales.com/pd-250-custom-chopper.cfm, I was just making the statement that they aren't being sold as Lifans here yet, just rebadged models. Forum members were wanting to know who the actual manufacturer is so they could know whether or not to trust them. I cant believe that Lifan isn't pitching this thing hardcore, but instead seem to be trying to remain anonymous. I can't see where they say Lifan anywhere on them.
    Last edited by bad_habits1; 05-20-2011 at 05:44 AM.

6. #6 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear BadHabits,

One of the great things about this forum, and about motorcycling in general, is that most people come to the field with a story. Your story, though sad, is compelling as hell and I'm glad you found us. I have a sense you'll be a generous and thoughtful member. I also like your spirit, and the fact that you have a wife who likes and wants to ride. (That Legacy, made by CFMoto, looks interesting.)

Don't let anyone mess with your head about kilobikes and the like. Sounds as if you know exactly what you want, so go for it -- and keep us all posted with pix and stories and ride reports. And ride safely!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #7 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post

Don't let anyone mess with your head about kilobikes
    A very profound statement (sorry to change the subject from 250cc choppers) I must say! I never felt inadequate with my DR250s, even in L.A. traffic --the Qingqy GY250 in the form of the CCW Hooligun will bring me back to that pleasure

ok, back to 250 choppers...

8. #8 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    you know I never thought i would have this much fun on a 250cc bike. that Lifan chopper does look sweet and the v twin will give it a nice sound too
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #9 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    C-Moto Noob
    They sound awesome! (The Hibird anyhow) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA8W_YbE0Es Now the guy just needs to learn to use a clutch, lol.

10. #10 Re: pd250 chopper. 
    C-Moto Noob
    In reply to Culcune....

And one I totaly agree with. Once some riders get past penis envy and insecurity and get back to what they started riding for in the first place size doesn't matter. However, that being said, I'd much rather be able to throw myself off and away from a $3000.00 375 lb. bike than be smashed by a 750 lb. one that I refuse to let go of because i just mortgaged my house or cashed in part of my retirement fund to buy. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by bad_habits1; 05-20-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: To clarify to whom I am addressing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast