Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Yamasaki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Yamasaki 
    Roketa has a 250cc sport bike listed on its website.

It has Yamasaki on it….

Here it is for sale….

Its actually a 227cc OHV engine….they are barely revealing who makes it. I see no 227cc engines in the List of EPA approved models for 2011, 2010 or 2009? But it could be a late entry for 2011? I’d be careful to verify the make and model it may or may not be legal to title and register in the USA?

Why not just call it a Yamasaki?

2. #2 Re: Yamasaki 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Unbelievable! There's actually a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer called Yamasaki! This from their "about us" page:

Yamasaki (Japan) is responsible for the latest in motorcycle technology and development. This is applied at the state-of-art facility in Cangzhou, China. The production line and inspection line in Changzhou maintains a leading position by taking advantage of the economics of globalization.
    Yamasaki USA is the representative for Yamasaki in Changzhou, China. Yamasaki USA connects the customers needs in North America with Yamasaki' China’s production and engineering expertise. This provides prompt service to customers requests and inquiries. All aspects of customer service are handled by our North American operation. We can directly visit and meet with our customers and discuss all aspects of current or future projects and activities. Yamasaki USA becomes an integral part of the support and service process by direct support of the our customer’s requirements hopefully achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
    Changzhou Yamasaki has established an efficient and dedicated management and production team. Yamasaki got here through continuous investment and innovation in motorcycle technology expertise. In addition we have taken advantage of valuable resources from other Chinese and Japanese motorcycle manufacturers. All these, plus the low manufacturing labor cost have put Yamasaki in a very competitive position to provide customers around the world with high quality products, professional service at a competitive price. Creating value for our customers is the ultimate goal at Yamasaki and we are striving to earn your business and work with you to advance your business as well.
    Why not just call the bike a Yamasaki? Perhaps Yamaha or Kawasaki might have something to say about that.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Yamasaki 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Another reason might be that Yamasaki sounds like a derogatory slang term for a not so good Yamaha. Yamaha+sucks = Yamasaki
    There are tons and tons of generic cr@p churned out by all and sundry in China, there are plenty of parts manufacturers that one can buy various parts from and basically build a bike without having to have anything made or worry about tooling etc. Naturally though this for volume and no QA/QC controls whatsoever.
    Lots of that at play in mainland China.

4. #4 Re: Yamasaki 
    Website implies that this company has Japanese pedigree. I cannot imagine that Yammie and Kawi have anything to do with it. The Chinese characters are correct. Yamaha in Kanji (Chinese characters used in Japan) is 山葉 or mountain leaf. Kawasaki is 川崎 river mountainous. (Both are the names of their founders.) And this Yamasaki is 山崎 meaning, err, somewhat redundantly, mountain mountainous.

I'm kind of dumbfounded that there's an actual company in Changzhou, China, by this name, with an actual factory of some scale. China never ceases to amaze.
    jkp
    Shanghai

5. #5 Re: Yamasaki 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I'm sure I have been past that factory in Changzhou (my wife's from there). I thought they made batteries. I will have to check with my wife if she knows anything about Yamasaki. The website, looks professional and the English is quite good, a positive sign. But like all facades, look behind them to judge.

6. #6 Re: Yamasaki 
    山崎 Yamasaki is a Japanese name.

7. #7 Re: Yamasaki 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    山崎 Yamasaki is a Japanese name.
    Well, yes, it's a Japanese name that, as I noted above, is written in Kanji, which is actually Chinese. Which is why it's a bit jarring to learn that this is a Chinese company, based in Changzhou, Jiangsu province, and apparently not a Japanese company.

As it turns out, the founder of Yamasaki is a friend of an active member of MCM. That member is asking the founder to post up some more information about the company and its mission and its bikes and its strategy for all of us to see.

Stay tuned.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #8 Re: Yamasaki 
    looks like it has a Dongfang engine...

9. #9 Re: Yamasaki 
    山崎 is in Japanese characters

10. #10 Re: Yamasaki 
    Its actually a Dongfang model, just looks like the Yamasaki?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast