Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. #51 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    The REAL "LTXZCKL0" looks like this which is powered by Zongshen
    -
    "Normal" registration only concerns engine # & VIN that match the paperwork "合格证" but MUST looks alike the legal one in database.
    Once registered, it's legal BUT pigs can took to measure displacement in some "bad" days.
    The REAL jialing 223 will release in next year. http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17000907.htm
    Last edited by humanbeing; 07-04-2011 at 09:38 AM.

2. #52 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    humanbeing where to get a decent chain man?

3. #53 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    looking at Mr. 王 tabao page it came apparent to me that either he has made a deal with stomp the pitbike brand or he just happens to make a bike very similiar to the Stomp T4 sold in the UK

http://www.ridestomp.com/t4/t4.html on there it states a Zongshen 230cc engine yet on Mr. 王 page it clearly states it as a 250 but on closer comparison of pictures it looks identical the bottom end, same fast ace forks slightly different fast ace rear shock
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10266888926&
    230cc CQR.jpg
    Stomp T4.jpgStomp T4 another thing that surprises me is that Stomp Claim it can be modified to 25bhp easily with just a cam and carb kit not a bad deal there

4. #54 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    looking at Mr. 王 tabao page it came apparent to me that either he has made a deal with stomp the pitbike brand or he just happens to make a bike very similiar to the Stomp T4 sold in the UK

http://www.ridestomp.com/t4/t4.html on there it states a Zongshen 230cc engine yet on Mr. 王 page it clearly states it as a 250 but on closer comparison of pictures it looks identical the bottom end, same fast ace forks slightly different fast ace rear shock
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10266888926&
    230cc CQR.jpg
    Stomp T4.jpgStomp T4 another thing that surprises me is that Stomp Claim it can be modified to 25bhp easily with just a cam and carb kit not a bad deal there
    I have seen the STOMP T4 being used by the IMPS Youth Motor Bike Display Team after I put STOMP and the IMPS in contact with each other at the beginning of the year.

The STOMP T4 is available in the UK for around £2000, a discount is available if you quote IMPS or/and KIRK 03. (Speak to STOMP direct via ridestomp.com)

The STOMP MD and the Sales Director are both Engineers who have modified pitbikes to increase BHP, top end speed etc.

The Shineray water cooled 250cc is being sold around £3000.

Lots of 125cc trail type bikes being sold around the £1500 mark for the UK learner market.

FUN BIKES are importing a 400cc enduro later in the year. (Price unknown).

I will publish in due course a full list of UK importers and the models that are being imported plus retail price.

Japanese bikes are normally at least £1000 plus more expensive than the Chinese importer version

5. #55 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    Many thanks for the advice - Problem is I went to the Shineray factory last week money in hand to get a new one but was told after a lot of inquiring that you couldnt register this bike anymore. Hence why I was considering a 2nd hand already registered one. I have decided not to buy it (the seller was dodgy as hell, had obviously just been in a fight among other reasons) - but any thoughts on bikes that can be registered and are something similar to the Long March? I am considering the WonJan 250, but rather expensive, 15000rmb. I'm visiting the factory next week.

Also I've asked around about registering but get told different stories every time, I think mainly due to the fact that I am foreigner. I gather it depends on what the bike is and its size and its not just one price? What are the procedures?

Again many thanks for the advice - really helpful.
    Hi everyone,
    This is actually my first post. I am the current owner of Supersignet's old Shineray Long March. I've had it for a few years and I've been riding it casually around Panyu, GZ and through some of the hills around the north of GZ. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Those of you who read Supersignet's ride report on his trip to Yunnan on this bike know that it can go the distance and be repaired quite easily. I'm an amateur mechanic, but I've switched out probably half of the parts on this bike myself with substitute Jialing parts and a few genuine Shineray parts with relative ease. I've found that most of the Jialing "BaiCai" parts fit it well and are readily available on taobao from quite a few shops. I'm hoping to get some longer road trips in on this bike in the near future, but my wife and I are expecting another child which I suspect will postpone my aspirations for a little while ;)
    I have three questions that I'm hoping someone can answer/confirm (Supersignet assures me that ChinaV is a wealth of information for inquiries in general and specific to the GZ region, if you read this post :)
    1. Can it be confirmed that I cannot "shangpai" this bike... even in GZ? I'm hoping to make a trip to Jiangmen in the near future to do this if it's possible?
    2. Can anybody confirm that a Zhongshen 250 will definitely without question fit the Long March's frame? I've seen it on some DIY Jialing frames, but I'm not sure how much the Shineray's frame differs from the Jialing "DaBai Cai".
    3. I read a few posts about sprocket ratios for a 200cc engine similar to the Long March's. It seems that the "golden ratio" has been said to be 44t rear and 16t front? Can anybody confirm that this is a "nice' compromise between adequate torque for offroad but improved cruising speed?

Thanks!

6. #56 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    The REAL "LTXZCKL0" looks like this which is powered by Zongshen
    -
    "Normal" registration only concerns engine # & VIN that match the paperwork "合格证" but MUST looks alike the legal one in database.
    Once registered, it's legal BUT pigs can took to measure displacement in some "bad" days.
    The REAL jialing 223 will release in next year. http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17000907.htm

If Jialing decides to operating as a motorcycle OEM for Honda they would quickly take the major market share in sales in all markets Honda allowed them to sell its brand within. The 223cc engine with EFI would make many sales, Honda having that could easily offer those in other markets and literally take that market share on the price they can offer alone. They can offer small amounts of them through established dealers and for prices others could never address.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456