Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello,

I have just moved to Chong Qing and after reading the reports on the Shineray Long march, I am fairly certain this is the bike I want.

However, I have just taken my theory test today (which I failed) and was having a look round the numerous bike shops around the testing centre. I came across a Jialing 250cc off-road (similar the following http://cncqjiapeng.en.alibaba.com/pr...4/JP250GY.html

only difference to the picture with what I saw is that it has front and rear disk brakes). Anyhow they wanted 5000 rmb for it, plus they said they would fit a bigger fuel tank.

Does anyone have a 250 Jialing - and is it any good? Is it going to be endless problems or is it a good buy? It considerably cheaper than the Long March and a slightly bigger engine.

Any thoughts would be fantastic.

Also, assuming I do pass my theory test and get my license -could anyone give me any advice as what to check when buying a new bike? Basic checks things like that. I have had 2 MZ150s in the past, but that was in Vietnam 10 years ago and has been the extent of my motorbiking knowledge.

Anyone in the Chong Qing area?

Thanks,

Raph

2. #2 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Dont know about that jialing 250, it looks like a bigger engined version of the ubiquitous 150 dirt bike they make called 'baicai'. Jialing generally make a decent bike and parts should be easy to find.
    Try to find more info on that engine, see if it's actually made by jialing.

You won't be able to get it registered though due to the new C3 emissions laws in china.

3. #3 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Dont know about that jialing 250, it looks like a bigger engined version of the ubiquitous 150 dirt bike they make called 'baicai'. Jialing generally make a decent bike and parts should be easy to find.
    Try to find more info on that engine, see if it's actually made by jialing.

You won't be able to get it registered though due to the new C3 emissions laws in china.
    That's probably why they're trying to get rid of it. 5k is definitely not the original price. Before C3 emissions, I was quoted 13k for the same bike brand new in the show room but the bike was a 2009 model. The dealer said the original price was 16k.
    You don't have much choice for China bikes now. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...missions-rules
    have a look.

4. #4 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Many thanks for the advice - this might sound stupid but I noticed on the Jialing it had a sticker which said it was a 150, although the dealer assured me it was a 250 - do they do this so it can be registered?

I am going back to retake the theory next Thursday so will find out more about the bike.

5. #5 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    If you can somehow pass the bike off as a 150, which we're told can be registered despite non-compliance with C3, and hence get a stealth 250 for 5k rmb, sounds like a good deal. Make sure that the dealer takes responsibility for registration and plating, and don't pay in full until the deal is done. Could be a nice little windfall.

Have no idea about that bike, though I do recall a recent post showing there's a guy in Shanghai who has one he rents out. Or was that a Jialing 150? Guess you could ring him.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    for 5000, buy two. I'll buy one and sell off my bike(red Shineray long march). Provided the bike can be registered. I'm serious, count me in if the deal is clean. Sounds alot less work than replacing my engine and saddle. Man, this would be the best birthday present ever. If they try to out on a new tank, try to find the same tank on the Shineray Long march, it crashes well :D..
    Also, check the VIN number plate. You will find it on the head tube, right behind the headlight. It should tell you what year it was produced. Take a few photos too.. man, you reall got me excited. I'm already planning to go to Chongqing.

The other much better choice for a 250 would be the Galaxy XTR. I wonder if they can help getting the bike registered :S

7. #7 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    http://cq.ganji.com/motuoche/11032017_167611.htm

This seems fairly similar to the one I saw, except the rear brake

8. #8 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    http://cq.ganji.com/motuoche/11032017_167611.htm

This seems fairly similar to the one I saw, except the rear brake
    that's a 150 in the pic. If you get good pics of the bike, and a closeup of the engine, someone here could probably figure out if it's a 150 or a 250.

9. #9 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Someone call me out if i'm wrong, but i think that's the same Loncin 223cc engine that's in the Galaxy XTR250.

10. #10 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The bike in the previous posts has been sold. However over the past week I have been looking round the bike market area in Chong Qing and have found a second hand Long March, which has a zongshen 250cc engine. I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, I ragged it around for 10 minutes and the engine got really hot. Ive ridden a fair few bikes before and wouldnt have thought it should have got this hot in such a short time - any thoughts?

Secondly, regarding the registration the guy selling it wants to do a 协议 - 'an agreement', which means its still in his name, but theres a document which says if I break any traffic laws its my responsibility. I have no experience of this, it sounds fairly dodgy.

Thirdly, it has Sichuan plates, and I am in Chong Qing - do you think this a problem?

The guy wants 6500rmb for it. I am also thinking of getting the WonJan 250 (15000rmb) to do a trip to XingJiang. I have test ridden it and it seemed smooth, and I am looking for something reliable. Thoughts over what would be better?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

P6230699.jpg
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast