Hello,

I have just moved to Chong Qing and after reading the reports on the Shineray Long march, I am fairly certain this is the bike I want.

However, I have just taken my theory test today (which I failed) and was having a look round the numerous bike shops around the testing centre. I came across a Jialing 250cc off-road (similar the following http://cncqjiapeng.en.alibaba.com/pr...4/JP250GY.html

only difference to the picture with what I saw is that it has front and rear disk brakes). Anyhow they wanted 5000 rmb for it, plus they said they would fit a bigger fuel tank.

Does anyone have a 250 Jialing - and is it any good? Is it going to be endless problems or is it a good buy? It considerably cheaper than the Long March and a slightly bigger engine.

Any thoughts would be fantastic.

Also, assuming I do pass my theory test and get my license -could anyone give me any advice as what to check when buying a new bike? Basic checks things like that. I have had 2 MZ150s in the past, but that was in Vietnam 10 years ago and has been the extent of my motorbiking knowledge.

Anyone in the Chong Qing area?

Thanks,

Raph