Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    You can buy the Long March new for 8800 rmb. why buy a dodgy used bike for 6500? lots of people own bikes under other people's names, but there's less and less reason to do so. wouldn't you prefer to have your bike properly registered in your own name in Chongqing where you live? It is a handsome bike, however. On the other hand, Slabo would probably steer you away from that bike, if you have alternatives.

You live in china's motorcycle capital -- surely you can find a great deal on a great bike and buy it outright! Have you made any factory visits?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #12 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I wouldn't get any bike second hand unless probably from one of the members here on this forum. The Long March has a lot of problems, but I would never call it unreliable. It should do a alot more even though it's a 200cc. A lot of my problems are because I'm here in Kunming and can never find any parts for the bike. But you're in Chongqing!! Home of all chinabikes.. If you spend 8800 for the shineray and have plenty more money to spend on extras.

If you're thinking about buying a second hand bike have a look at this manual. Print it and head off to check the bike.

Hot engine? Mine only got hot enough to notice on hot summer days after riding hard up rough terrain. But again, my bike has the original engine, and everything stock from the factory. Shineray bikes have Shineray engines, this bike you're posting surely looks like a DIY project.

3. #13 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Many thanks for the advice - Problem is I went to the Shineray factory last week money in hand to get a new one but was told after a lot of inquiring that you couldnt register this bike anymore. Hence why I was considering a 2nd hand already registered one. I have decided not to buy it (the seller was dodgy as hell, had obviously just been in a fight among other reasons) - but any thoughts on bikes that can be registered and are something similar to the Long March? I am considering the WonJan 250, but rather expensive, 15000rmb. I'm visiting the factory next week.

Also I've asked around about registering but get told different stories every time, I think mainly due to the fact that I am foreigner. I gather it depends on what the bike is and its size and its not just one price? What are the procedures?

Again many thanks for the advice - really helpful.

4. #14 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    I think that would be good choice the WJ250GY it is at least worth looking into.

I do not know if this site and its inquiry system has any value…but it also would not hurt to inquire through it.

http://www.chinamotorworld.com/viewp...=7577&ty=4&cy=

5. #15 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    here is some more for the WY250GY
    http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buye...356582496.html

6. #16 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    I would inquire with as many people as you can that can or are offering the motorcycle for sale.
    For prices and also registration process, then compare that info.

7. #17 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I think that would be good choice the WJ250GY it is at least worth looking into.

I do not know if this site and its inquiry system has any value…but it also would not hurt to inquire through it.

http://www.chinamotorworld.com/viewp...=7577&ty=4&cy=

Fine looking bike. Please, in the name of god and all that is holy, China begin to manufacture EU compliant bikes again asap!

8. #18 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Raph,

Have you been up to the Jialing factory yet? They have a little showroom with all their bikes and people who can answer all your questions, and you might also score a tour of the factory as well. Their site currently does not list any 250cc bikes, but there is a nice 150cc enduro/dual sport.

Looks like that could be a lot of fun.

Visiting the showroom is also the best way to find out what they are planning in the way of new models and upgrades, and learning which bikes can be registered.

As for factory visits -- these are pretty rare and definitely worthy of reports here in MCM. You mentioned that you'll visit the Wonjan factory this week. Please take pictures if you can, as a ton of questions, and enlighten all of us with a factory visit report! Who knows, you might get yourself some work freelancing for bike magazines if you can make a habit of this...

best thanks!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    That would be great if you could take photos of the visit to the factory.

WonJan has quite a few models it will be interesting to here if the 250GY can be registered. It is kind of a FUGLY bike...I wonder if they are reliable as in well but together?

Here are all their dual sports....they have a 150 that has the same utilitarian appeal as the Shineray Long March.

10. #20 Re: Shineray Long March or Jialing 250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    but any thoughts on bikes that can be registered and are something similar to the Long March?

2505 by johnnyfast, on Flickr

you might want to consider this bike

assembled in chongqing, sold on taobao, less than 6000 and can be registered in my city, not sure about there .

built like a brick outhouse and apart from the garish color of the wheels and bars not too fugly

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast