Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Dongfang

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Dongfang 
    Your welcome and here is somebody you can contact if you need to.
    http://www.lemonlaws.net/default.aspx

2. #22 Re: Dongfang 
    See this add banner everywhere…..

The prices are not the same, the banner has different prices then the prices at the site.

Prices on site:

Exclusively Offered! 250cc Custom Built Scorpion Chopper Motorcycle-Street Legal! List price:$4,899.00 Our price:$2,399.00 Today's Special:$2,099.00 You Save: $2,800 (57%)

The Lean Mean Machine! Custom Outlaw 250cc Chopper Motorcycle-Street Legal! List price:$4,399.00 Our price:$2,299.00 You Save: $2,100 (48%)

Old School Bobber Style 250cc Motorcycle - Street Legal! Stripped to Pure Essentials! List price:$7,899.00 Our price:$2,399.00 You Save: $5,500 (70%)

250cc Trike Chopper Style 3 Wheels Road Warrior Gas Motor List price:$7,899.00 Our price:$3,999.00 You Save: $3,900 (49%)

Exclusively Offered! Limited Edition! 250cc Ninja Full Size Sport Bike- Assembled! List price:$3,899.00 Our price:$1,729.00 You Save: $2,170 (56%)

Exclusively Offered! Limited Edition! 250cc Street Legal Full Size Sport Bike- Assembled! List price:$3,899.00 Our price:$2,199.00 Today's Special:$1,929.00 You Save: $1,970 (51%)

Running an add banner is really a good idea, but not updating the prices when they change is not.
    Last edited by MJH; 12-05-2011 at 08:00 AM.

3. #23 Re: Dongfang 
    Even worse...when you click on the more information on the site, it takes you to a page that has still different prices.

• Item: CP_D250B
    • Exclusively Offered! 250cc Custom Built Scorpion Chopper Motorcycle-Street Legal!
    • Today's Special Bonus
      FREE Pre-Delivery Inspection ($99 Value)
      FREE Freight Protection Insurance ($49 Value)
      FREE 24 Hours Delivery Notice ($15 Value)
      FREE Residential Service Delivery ($45 Value)
      FREE Lift Gate Service ($45 Value)
      FREE Owner's Manual and Tool Kit ($29 Value)
      FREE Certificate of Origin Title and Bill of Sale ($35 Value)
      FREE One Year Engine and Frame Warranty ($99 Value)
      FREE Lifetime Technical Support

UPGRADE: Front & Rear Disc Brakes
      UPGRADE: Aluminum Foot Pegs

List price:$4,899.00
    Our price:$2,399.00
    Today's Special:$2,099.00
    You Save: $2,800 (57%)
    1st Color Choice
    2nd Color Choice
    Parts Warranty

Total Price: $2,168.00 + $259.00 Shipped!
    Sunday Promotion : While Supplies Last !

4. #24 Re: Dongfang 
    Attachment 5846
    Advertised price of $1,999.00 is actually $2,727.00, take one to the shopping cart and that is what you will be charged.

5. #25 Re: Dongfang 

6. #26 Re: Dongfang 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MJH - Great web site re Lemon Laws. Could definitely come handy. The scooter is what is is - cheaply made at a reasonable price. However, I'm more pissed off at the distributor in CA. I don't know how they remain in business. Customer service sucks. Bunch of kids running the show.

7. #27 Re: Dongfang 
    It was sort of a joke, the lemon law is for resolving issues were people are taking vehicles to a shop and their problem is never getting resolved.

I think the attorneys would ask who is the mechanic and then if it is you, then they would likely pause on that.

That is because unless there is a mechanic authorized by the manufacturer, then how can the manufacturer be held accountable for the diagnosis and repair.

Some states may have laws requiring service centers...that being in order to sell into a state they may have to actually have dealers in the state, in order to have dealers they may need to be licensed to distribute in a state.

8. #28 Re: Dongfang 
    Most states also have advertising laws, that being you have to sell it for the advertised prices. That being anyone that buys at the higher price can say you owe me a refund.

That website is ramping up prices, they advertise one price on the internet and then another price on the front page of their website and then sneak in a third higher price before a customer clicks the buy it button in the shopping cart.

That is creepy if you ask me, people get all silly and excited when they buy, they are preying on that.

9. #29 Re: Dongfang 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MJH - I figured as much. After Ralph Nader many years ago was speaking to anyone who would listen about the unsafe crap Detroit was pushing out the doors, a Lemon Law surfaced. In fact, I think he even rode a book with a similar title.

10. #30 Re: Dongfang 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MJH - you touched on an interesting subject - "truth in advertising". The FCC regulates advertising on the Internet. Many companies are playing fast and loose with the rules. I even wrote a letter to one legal site who was offering a "free" download of a legal product. Well, after I spent 20 freakin' minutes working my way to the download, the other shoe dropped. It was only free if you bought something else. This was never stated at the outset. Well, I told them they were skirting close to the edge of violating FCC rules and to be careful no to fall over the edge. Well, knowing how long it takes any agency of the Fed Government to react to anything, they figured they are safe for the next ten years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast