Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Dongfang

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Dongfang 
    Advertising is under the FTC, Federal Trade Commission.
    http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...net-rules-road

2. #32 Re: Dongfang 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MJH - yes, you are right. I screwed up my three-later abbreviations. FCC is for communications. Sorry, buddy.

3. #33 Re: Dongfang 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MJH - while we're on the subject of trade and communications. The FCC is the same agency that, years ago broke up the ATT monopoly by letting them establish the baby bells. And, it is the same agency that is now allowing the cell phone companies, i.e., Verizon, ATT, Sprint and Mobile to become monopolies. Jeez, only in America.

4. #34 Re: Dongfang 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
    MJH - while we're on the subject of trade and communications. The FCC is the same agency that, years ago broke up the ATT monopoly by letting them establish the baby bells. And, it is the same agency that is now allowing the cell phone companies, i.e., Verizon, ATT, Sprint and Mobile to become monopolies. Jeez, only in America.
    For the 1%, monopolies are the preferred form of free enterprise.

/political comment.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #35 Re: Dongfang 
    FCC is about the medium and the FTC is about the substance, as content.

One insures you have equal access and the other monitors what a business does within the access.

Making false or misleading is what? Stating a fantasy price and then claiming it as now discounted?

You can expect the network, that being the hardwired and cellular to collectivize, if not it becomes too redundant and in that will become too expensive to maintain. Physics rule over everything, including idealism's in theory. Competition is good but you can only have one common system for many things, grids are often one common system. If a "monopoly" becomes manipulative then it can be found in antitrust and dismantled, then allowed through free market forces to collectivize once again, over time, the best rise to the top. They rise too the top by gaining market share, they can have 100%, but then if not affordable to all and or progressive the process takes place again, it can be dismantled.

6. #36 Re: Dongfang 
    Some say…but it became no better, but have no inclination to what it would have become if it did not change?
    It is all dynamic and what is always the goal is a higher place. Some get to the higher place and sometimes some get left behind, think fast, it is dynamic.

I never want to hurt anything that is good, but bad does need to get kicked around, id say.

7. #37 Re: Dongfang 
    MJH,
    I am not condoning what ScooterDepo is saying in their ads but it is kinda funny that when I said the CCW was doing false advertising you said it was just marketing and OK.
    Just saying.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #38 Re: Dongfang 
    If you want to quote me you can, what I wrote and where I wrote it.. I doubt I ever wrote anything condoning CCW ramping prices, their prices are pretty consistent, they are not misleading people on prices did I miss something?

9. #39 Re: Dongfang 
    MJH,
    It was not pricing. It was CCW saying that the engine in the Heist has a 250cc displacement along with other similar items.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

10. #40 Re: Dongfang 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Motostar in the Philippines are OEM Distributor of Motorcycles and offer Zongshen and Kamex Dual Sports.

They recently dropped the 'Kamex Warrior 200' that they sold under 'MSX 200-II' Badge, and introduced the TRLAX 200 Enduro.

I notice from those photos that show TRLAX, so probably Motostar are badging that Zongshen/Lifan GY-5A Model version?

FYI the Motostar TRLAX 200 Enduro is selling for Php55K in Manila (Php59K on Installment Terms)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast