Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hi from Italy

1. #1 Hi from Italy 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello, My name is Massimiliano, first of all: sorry for my English (Google english ). Last night I watched a documentary about Qingzang Railway, I saw a lot of nice places. This morning looking for information on the Internet I found this wonderful forum. I'd like to visit the wilder areas of China and Tibet. Maybe one day ... For now I follow you from the forum and read your report...

Ciao
    Massimiliano

2. #2 Re: Hi from Italy 
    Welcome to the forum.

3. #3 Re: Hi from Italy 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hi Maaax.
    I looked up this documentary on Qingzang railway, directed by Marie Louville. She's done many documentaries on Tibet long before the cause was as known as it is today. Thanks for the heads up. But I can't find any torrents or videos online, do you have any links? I hope you can understand what I'm writing. By the way, google English from Italian is just fine.

As for an adventure through Tibet, you can't go alone. You must be accompanied with a guide. Have a look here for previous rides advertised here on MCM. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...Ride-in-Tibet/ Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

4. #4 Re: Hi from Italy 
    Welcome Maax, Massimiliano. There are lots of good ride reports on many areas of China in this forum that will interest you - there is nothing better than the stories and photos from our riders.
    Do you have a motorcycle at all, or just saving and dreaming? We all started somewhere, so good luck.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: Hi from Italy 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Hi Maaax.
    I looked up this documentary on Qingzang railway, directed by Marie Louville. She's done many documentaries on Tibet long before the cause was as known as it is today. Thanks for the heads up. But I can't find any torrents or videos online, do you have any links? I hope you can understand what I'm writing. By the way, google English from Italian is just fine.
    ... I saw it on National Geographic channel
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo;27747
    As for an adventure through Tibet, you can't go alone. You must be accompanied with a guide. Have a look here for previous rides advertised here on MCM. [url
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2803-Ride-in-Tibet/[/url] Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you
    -Moto Guzzi Breva 1200V-

6. #6 Re: Hi from Italy 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Welcome Maax, Massimiliano. There are lots of good ride reports on many areas of China in this forum that will interest you - there is nothing better than the stories and photos from our riders.
    Yes, I've read some reports, they are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Do you have a motorcycle at all, or just saving and dreaming? We all started somewhere, so good luck.
    I'm a biker, i ride around europe with my wife, this is my bike:

-Moto Guzzi Breva 1200V-

7. #7 Re: Hi from Italy 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi Maax, welcome to MCM. Hopefully you will get the opportunity to come visit this interesting land, with so much to see and experience that will likely overwhelm your senses. Nice looking motorbike you have there, but not the most suited type of ride for China.