Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Question about importing a NEW bike from USA to China. Honda CBR 250 RR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, I am new here and glad I found this forum. I was wondering is it possible to import a new never on the road Honda CBR 250rr 2011 from a USA dealer to China or can I by said bike here in China. Wondering about the costs of buying the bike here to cost of shipping and taxes to have it shipped direct from USA. Any help would be great, Thanks....Also I am used to riding Honda 929 and 600..but I am guessing that would be pretty much worthless with speed and traffic. I am located outside of Xiamen City in Jimei and all the bike here seem to be 125cc but I have seen a few 500s 400s from Japan with no tags. Thanks for any info or help

2. #2 Re: Question about importing a NEW bike from USA to China. Honda CBR 250 RR 
    Welcome to the forum and to the depressing reality of being a biker in china. Here are your options:

If you want to ride a cbr250rr, you'll have to find an illegal import and hope you don't get caught or get in a crash.

If you want to be legal you can chose between
    - legally imported bikes (harley, BMW, ducati or benelli) at extremely inflated prices
    - chinese bikes that meet the new C3 emissions laws (extremely limited choices)

That'll get you started, search around the forum for all the details.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news. China is simultaneously one of the best and one of the worst counties to ride in...