Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hello from U.K

1. #1 Hello from U.K 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey all, just got a china moto and after being laughed out of most of the bike shops round here Whilst looking for parts , i decided to come join a group of people who have more sense > I am in Kent, England and just cant seem to find anyone else with my great taste in quads here ItS a brand new Jinling JLA 21B with a water cooled 250 Loncin engine .Does anybody on here know anything about this engine ? Look forward to chatting to you guys .Take it easy
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Hello from U.K 
    what's that thing like to ride? is there enough power to slide it?

what do you want to know about your engine? pics can't hurt, is it this one?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7270322278

3. #3 Re: Hello from U.K 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Thanks for looking,yeah its got quite a bit of torque so you can power slide it , check out the you tube links if you can . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEYULd8lVeg & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf36...eature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZOG..._order&list=UL. Was just wondering if there is anything i could do to keep on top of the maintenance for this engine like how often should i change the oil filter ? whats the best oil to use ? are there any common problems i should look for ? THANKS AGAIN .Take it easy dude !!! oh sorry and yes that is the engine thank for the link .

4. #4 Re: Hello from U.K 
    i know a guy who has one in peterbrough normally have a chat to the guy these sounds so mint without the baffles in the exhaust one thing i would say is watch the electrics he told me of a story when the speedo just suddenly converted it self back to KMH and the exhaaust i would suggest having a look at every once i a while or it might crack and start blowing apart from those minor niggles he told me its more of a laugh than his previous Gixxer

5. #5 Re: Hello from U.K 
    don't know anything specific about your engine, but the maintenance is the same for any of these engines, be they chinese, japanese or whatever. Change your oil every few thousand km, use 15W40 in the winter and 20W50 in the summer.

And try to have cooling fluid in the system when you break your engine in! (sorry, bad joke)

6. #6 Re: Hello from U.K 
    Nice machine. Welcome to the forum too.

7. #7 Re: Hello from U.K 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    i know a guy who has one in peterbrough normally have a chat to the guy these sounds so mint without the baffles in the exhaust one thing i would say is watch the electrics he told me of a story when the speedo just suddenly converted it self back to KMH and the exhaaust i would suggest having a look at every once i a while or it might crack and start blowing apart from those minor niggles he told me its more of a laugh than his previous Gixxer
    Hi Kennon, do you know how easy it is to remove the baffles from my 2011 Jinling JLA-21B 250cc quad?

Thanks
    Dan.

8. #8 Re: Hello from U.K 
    Dan,
    your gunna have to cut the exhaust apart or get the silencer apart and remove what your deem necessary to stop it impeading the flow of exhaust gasses be warned it will get hot and will probably crack from the heat

Kennon