Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Legitimizing the Brand 
    Hear this all, just a reminder,don't get too serious, lighten up, this is just a forum! Read for yourself, make your decisions and have fun. Nuances of tone and humour don't carry easily in posts as you will know very well if you read some of mine. You are all crazy yankee (and southern) bastards anyway - you buy and ride cheap, 'chinese crap' bikes and ride them and find them interesting enough to take pretty pictures of them, spend more money on them and then talk about them publically on an International forum? That is nuts enough to start with.

Barnone started the whole 'hardtail chinese crap' thing pretty much with the Dong fan thread thus has bragging rights - and then we got the great news of another similar machine, the Heist. Thats all it is, a similar machine, some things on each will suit particular individuals more than the other. So what? Most of us think all you hardtail riders have crushed balls and damaged brains. Its not important, it is just insult without injury.

Both Barnone and Gardo have over time made the odd comment here and there about the 'rival' machine, and I think always in good heart. They have also made positive comments.

Digsat each other are allowed, off-colour comments and wind-ups are allowed, jokes (good or bad) are allowed, dissing is allowed. Rivalry is encouraged, brings colour and passion. Flaming is not.

Over and out.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #12 Re: Legitimizing the Brand 
    You are right Jape, you can see that we are passionate about riding. and the jokes can loose their intent in text. I do apologize Vince if I had come across a bit harsh.
    And Jape I had brain damage long before I started riding, I was so special my father bought me a helmet to prove it LoL.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #13 Re: Legitimizing the Brand 
    Yeah man, I don't think anyone here is taking anything personal. I am really interested though as to why CCW seems to be such a thorn in some sides.

I agree that calling a plastichrome headlight grade 8 does nothing to "legitimize the brand".

I like all the chinese hardtail crappers. Kikkers and Dong Fang peenie-tooths included. Seriously what's a "Dong Fang"? Maybe "Tha Heist" is an inside joke alluding to the extra cost of the CCW? Whatevs, I hope we all continue to have good luck with our rides and continue to give it and take it all in good fun. and dammit the CCW's are not kikkers lol.

To keep this post on track... got my city tax bill this week. They value my 9 month old Heist at $2600. Taxes are $65 for the year, $20 more than my 02 Jeep. There's "tha heist" right there.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

4. #14 Re: Legitimizing the Brand 

Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #15 Re: Legitimizing the Brand 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb96gt View Post
    Seriously what's a "Dong Fang"?
    Just means 'the east' or 'from the orient' maybe. It is thus an honest name!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12