Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Poland 
    I wrote some posts already but I havn't introduced myself yet. Last week I got my driving license so I think it's a good time to do it. My name is Filip, I'm an architect from Poland, since 7 months in Beijing. My main goal after getting a job was the motorcycle license. I got my polish license shortly before comming to China so I really have no idea about motorcycles and I'll ask many questions.
    I'm into some more turistic-offroad motorcycles. Didn't think about buying a motorcycle until I saw photos from my friends trip Poland-China on Africa Twin '89. I was really interested in Long March when I saw it but now I think because of the C3 it wont be so easy. I would like to ask you for some sugestions for a motorbike. I'm 195cm tall so I would need something high.
    I'm very happy to see such a strong motorcycle community in China.
    Cheers

2. #2 Re: Hello from Poland 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Filip,

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on getting yourself legal so quickly. As you've probably read in these threads, it's a lot easier to convert a foreign motorcycle license into a chinese license than to start from scratch.

As for what bike to get, if you like the Africa Twin, unless you want to pay through the nose for a bimmer or ducati, there's really only one legal touring bike of that type in China, the Jialing JH600, which is a solid bike and relatively affordable and a blast to ride. Search through this forum and you'll find lots of JH600 info and adventures. Pay particular attention to the posts of Franki and Pfaelzer, but also Motokai, Lao Jia Huo, Milton, Texas Aggie, Barry and, if you are desperate, Euphonius. I think Barry is almost as tall as you.

Keep us posted about what you get, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Hello from Poland 
    Hey, I've read a lot on this forum already. When I've found this mychinesemoto, the first motorcycle that got my attention was JH600, but I like the primitive look of long march and Im not sure if JH600 is not too big as for the first motorycle. Shineray for 9k seems much better to practice. I would be happy to know if someone would have a registered Long march for sale in BJ

4. #4 Re: Hello from Poland 
    Welcome to the forum.

5. #5 Re: Hello from Poland 
    Cześć :D (polish hello :) )

Hi! Did you get your motorbike? How do you like riding in here, compared to Poland? Seems like polish roads gave us pretty good training against crazy chinese drivers ;)

6. #6 Re: Hello from Poland 
    hej, I got extremely frustrated because of buying motorcycle problems but just last weekend I went with fahni to some moto shop he has found and I should get my 150ccm Jiling this friday, then 2 weeks for registration and I can give it a try, can't wait, even though the bike is kind of children size:)
    I was driving a car here, trust me, Poland doesnt give any training, this is different level, I think I ll by whole armour to ride my bike;)