Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Beijing Traffic Management Bureau 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Hey Filipu

It is perfectly fine to ask the police for answers in the ever-confusing myriad of "rules", and then share your findings with the MCM community. It is how we know that we should have driving licenses, legal bikes, etc ... and how to get them. That's what a forum is for

There is a tiny minority of people in Beijing who believe it is "cool" to flaunt the law. They are the ones who spout off "yeah, don't worry, it is fine, nothing will happen." Thankfully, that group is getting smaller each year ... e,g, that is why I mentioned the new campaign ... some of these yokels just leave, some get pushed out. They definitely won't be missed.

Anyone who believes that the "authorities" are somehow unaware of MCM is ... shall we say ... not playing with a full deck.

I think you'll find that there is nothing at all unpopular with your desire to find out what the rules are. Personally, I think it would be great if the Traffic Management Branch would join this forum and give us the facts. Most rational bikers would whole heartedly welcome its input. The TMB does this on Weibo (in Chinese), and also on some Chinese forums. And I think that the TMB email service, in English, is bloody fantastic.

So, no, you are definitely NOT an "unpopular biker" ... you're more than welcome to come ride with us mid-week (usually Mondays and Thursdays when traffic is light in the mountains). Weekends are usually too busy for me, and I find there is way too much car traffic in the mountains. We did a 200 km run last Monday, and came across only a handful of cars. Very nice. Next Monday, we're thinking about doing a scooter run.

2. #12 Re: Beijing Traffic Management Bureau 
    Thanks LJH,
    I'm going now for a video conference with my boss. It's been 2 months since i joined the office so he might want to get rid of me. I he does I will have plenty of time on monday for a ride;)
    JH-150GY-3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12