Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 new rider from BeiJing 
    Hi all,I was wondering whether I am a foreigner here,cause I am a Chinese, have been living in BeiJing for more than 16 years.
    I bought a JH600,and got a Jing A licence plate,learning in HaiDian Driving School to get my motor driving licence,maybe at the end of next month,I will get it.
    I like travling,I had a driving travel with my family in March this year,drove my car,jeep compass,from BeiJing to XiShuangBanNa,one month,about 10000km,all recorded in http://40328650.qzone.qq.com/.
    Please don't laugh at me,cause my bad English,I wanna make friends here,can I?
    My qq number:40328650;
    Email:18601097688@163.com;
    Mobliephone:you should know it in my email address.

Cheers and happy riding!

Lion.

2. #2 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    C-Moto Regular
    Welcome Lion. I'm taking my test tomorrow at Beijing Laoshan driving school. Hope to see you on the road soon!

Jon
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi

3. #3 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Great,wish everything is ok.
    I will be trained on 13 June,mabye will get my driving licence at the end of June.
    Thanks Jon for your reply,I am not alone here,right buddy?
    Hope to grab some fun on the road with you soon.

Lion

4. #4 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Lion,

Welcome to MCM. You are neither Chinese nor foreigner here. You are a motorcyclist, and we all respect that. Good luck getting yourself licensed. The JH600 is a blast, and a great touring bike for China. Great for getting the hell out of town, and into beautiful places. There are quite a few of us riding the Jialing, including several in Beijing (Lao Jia Huo and Barry for starters). They are hitting the twisties every chance available, and you should too!

Stay safe and have fun.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Thanks euphonius,actually,I have seen lots of your articles here,you are kind guy,nice to meet you here.
    You are right,and remind me the truth,we are motorcyclists,and motorcyclist have no national boundaries.
    To be honest,I never touched moto before,and I have a little worry about controlling JH600,hope to learn more from you guys,Lao Jia Huo and Barry and you euphonius.

Thanks again buddy.

6. #6 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread.

Welcome Lion! Congratulations on your new JH600. There are a few foreigners with them in Beijing, including me, and we would love to ride with you. Sometimes, Euphonius comes to Beijing and rides with us.

We can teach you about the bike and riding, and you can teach us more about Beijing & China (and we can practice our English/Chinese!).

I also bought my JH600 from Zhang Hai Tao. Actually, I bought two from him (I also have the JH600B with the sidecar). I bought the Asian JH600 last summer, when an "A" plate was only 8,000 rmb. As you mentioned in another post, the "A" plate price has gone up to 15,500 and is expected to soon climb to 20,000 rmb.

I like the JH600.

Cheers
    Richard

7. #7 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Hi,Lao Jia Hou,so nice to see your reply in the morning,you make my day buddy!

I can't wait a minute to ride with you guys,but what a pity,my JH600 will be arrived in beijing around middle of the next month.

You are so lucky to get your Jing A plate in so low price,you know,it's kind of difficult to find a Jing A Plate now even though by a more expensive price at present,congratulations!But I was wondering whick kind of plate your JH600B is,I was told that JH600b can't get the registration of Jing A plate.

I wanna buy a JH600B too,but I am afraid the JH600b should be updated soon,cause it didn't change since it was produced.I called JiaLing's staff to talk about this issue yesterday,he said JH600B would be updated around October this year,so,I plan to buy a new version JH600B at the end of this year.

How fantastic your idea is!Riding on the road,having a party,learning from each other,so great,the only thing is I have no confidence about my bad English,hope you can help me both English and riding.

Your name "Lao Jia Hou",does it means your hometown is Hou or "Lao Jia Huo" means old guy in chinese?Sense of humor~~

Cheers!
    Lion

8. #8 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    But I was wondering whick kind of plate your JH600B is,I was told that JH600b can't get the registration of Jing A plate.
    The JH600B cannot get the "A" or "B" plate. I have a legal Hebei plate on the JH600B. Mr Zhang took care of that for me. So far, I have not had any problem with the police.

I plan to buy a new version JH600B at the end of this year.
    The JH600B needs an updating. It will be interesting to see what Jialing does. At first, there was a bad stalling problem. Now, after 5,000 kms & one changed sensor, it runs fine and only rarely stalls.

Your name "Lao Jia Hou",does it means your hometown is Hou or "Lao Jia Huo" means old guy in chinese?
    When I set up my ID, I typed the wrong pinyin. "Lao Jia Huo" is what it should be ... "old guy" or, more closely, "old fart"

9. #9 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Found this on the web (BTW, they apply to me as well):
    YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN OLD FART WHEN ..........
    ..... you're on vacation and your energy runs out before your money does.
    .....you try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.
    ..... Your knees buckle, and your belt won't.
    .....you feel like the morning after, and you haven't been anywhere.
    ..... the word "TOOTH" brush takes on a very LITERAL meaning.
    .....your memory starts to go and the only thing you can retain is water
    .....you have looked and looked, high and low, room to room, inside and outside, and even in the trash. You have desperately and intensely looked simply EVERYWHERE for your glasses. And when you're about to pull your hair out in frustration, you find them on your head.
    .....you frequently find yourself telling people what a gallon of gas USED to cost.
    .....You consider consciousness as, That annoying time between naps.
    .....you turn out the lights for economic reasons, rather than romantic reasons.
    ..... you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there.
    .....you start video taping Wheel of Fortune.
    .....your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
    .....you find yourself saying, Well, when I was your age...... we didn't have all this here electronic stuff to play with. We had to invent our own fun and we actually played OUTSIDE instead of sittin' on the damn couch all day long.
    .....you finally got your head together, now your body is falling apart.
    .....Conversations with people your own age often turn into "dueling ailments.
    .....Every time you suck in your gut, your pants fall down around your knees.
    .....you sink your teeth into a steak, and they stay there.
    .....You give up all your bad habits and you still don't feel good.
    .....your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
    .....you are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.
    .....You take your grandkids trick or treating and people keep saying, "Great Keith Richards mask!" and you're not wearing a mask.
    .....you start making the same noises as your coffeemaker. Now that's scary!
    .....You have had a headache for days..... and then you realize that you had been wearing your wives glasses the whole time.
    .....You forget what you went to the store for..... and it was toilet paper.
    .....Your false teeth aren't fitting right and you think they just might need an adjustment, but you realize that they are really your wives teeth. The funny thing is, she hasn't even noticed yet!
    .....many of your co-workers were born the same year that you got your last promotion.
    .....you come to the conclusion that your worst enemy is gravity.
    .....it's harder and harder for sexual harassment charges to stick.
    .....you have more patience; but actually, it's just that you don't care any more
    .....the twinkle in your eye is only the reflection of the sun on your bifocals
    .....your idea of a night out.... is sitting OUT on the patio.
    .....your memory is shorter, but your complaining lasts longer.
    .....you wear black socks with sandals.
    .....you consider coffee one of the most important things in life.
    .....It takes at least two tries to get up from the couch.
    .....you talk about "good grass" and you're referring to someone's lawn.
    .....you spend a lot of time thinking about the "here-after". you go somewhere to get something..... then wonder what you're "here after".
    .....you are at the breakfast table and you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating any cereal.
    .....people no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
    .....you quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
    .....you realize that you should NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
    .....You realize that a stamp today costs more than a picture show did when you were growing up.
    .....your new easy chair has more options than your car.
    ......your broad mind and your narrow waist have exchanged places.
    .....you regret all those mistakes you made resisting temptation.
    .....It takes twice as long to look half as good.
    .....Happy hour is a nap.
    .....The pharmacist has become your new best friend.
    .....You light the candles on your birthday cake, and everyone forms a circle and starts singing "Kumbaya."
    .....Your back goes out more than you do..
    .....you can hide your own Easter eggs.

.....every time you think of exercising, you go and lie down until the thought goes away.
    ..... there are fewer things you are willing to wait in line for.
    .....you are anti-everything: anti-fat, anti-smoke, anti-noise, anti-inflammatory.
    .....you go to your class reunion and your former classmates are so old, they can't see you, recognize you, much less remember you.
    .....you never pass up an opportunity to pee.
    .....your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one; I can't do both!"
    .....You answer a question with "Because I said so!"
    .....you find yourself smiling all the time, because you can't hear a word anyone is saying.
    .....you begin to refer to your wrinkles as "character lines".
    .....you start your sentences with, "When I was your age...".
    .....Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
    ....you're sneaking a nap, and people keep shaking you and asking, "are you alright?", because they are worried that you're dead.
    .....You and your teeth don't sleep together anymore.
    ......your joints are more accurate than the meteorologists at the National Weather Service.
    .....your fiber laxative becomes one of your main food groups.
    .....you have to change your underwear EVERY DARN TIME you sneeze.
    .....your birthday candles set off the smoke and fire detectors.
    .....a sexy girl passes by, and your pacemaker opens the garage door.

10. #10 Re: new rider from BeiJing 
    Hi miltion,are you sure you know Lao Jia Huo so clearly? How many features does L have in the 72 "YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN OLD FART WHEN ..........",I like this one,".....your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one; I can't do both!"

I have read lots of adventure trip stories and pics in this forum these days,it made me so excited,I can't control myself to hit the road if i got my JH600 motor now,so regret,I missed so much,how could't I own one motor in the past time,fortunately,it's never later to turn,my JH600 is coming soon.

Actually,I had a trip with my family by driving car in March this year,my daughter\my wife\and me,from beijing---shijiazhuang---xi'an---chengdu---dujiangyan---kangding---xichang---lugu lake---lijiang---dali---xishuangbanna---shilin---huangguoshu---chongqing---tenglong hole(lichuan county,hubei province)---yuntai mountain(jiaozuo county,henan province)---shijiazhuang---beijing,I would like to show some pics about LuGu Lake here,it's really a amazing place,and mysterious Mosuo people,In the unique Mosuo tradition called the "walking marriage", women invite men to visit their rooms at night—and to leave in the morning.

http://player.56.com/deux_105722583.swf
    http://player.56.com/deux_105723314.swf
    http://player.56.com/deux_105723658.swf
    http://player.56.com/deux_105727752.swf

DSC00912_副本.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lion; 05-29-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast