Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: my presentation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 my presentation 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everybody, boys and girls

I'm JB, from Belgium.I'm 23 yo. (and i already apologyze my bad english )
    I arrived in BJ in sept. '09, so almost 2years now.

I'm belgium so i already have my chinese car's driving license (without any test ) since one year.

I'm studying here and leaving with my parents and hopefully my dad's company provides him a car, i can use from time to time...

But I really want to buy a motorcycle. I would like to follow all the rules because i plan to stay in China several years.

I don't have my motorcycle driving license (i know i know...) and i have a short story with motorcycle... I bought a honda CBR 250 for 3days exactly. the sailer give me the money back because the bike got a pb so we left each other as good friends...

But i thought about it and I really want to follow the rules about the license, the 京A plate, the motorcycle....

I'm not in the rush i take my time looking around how it goes.
    If you can give me some advices, i'll listen carefully...

I'm looking for a 250cc streetbike because i would like to ride on the roadrings or maybe a 150 scooter.

I already so a honda VTR 250 near of 崇文门 with a京A plate and i let a message on it to ask few questions to the owner but til now answer...

Thank you everybody !!!

JB

2. #2 Re: my presentation 
    Welcome! Have you spoken to any dealers? I know the Chinese-based members here can direct you in the proper direction...

3. #3 Re: my presentation 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome to the forum, JB. Your english is fine as far as I'm concerned, because you are talking about motorcycles.

Glad your abortive bike purchase worked out and the seller gave your money back. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the "PB" you mentioned that scuttled the deal?

Do not neglect to get your motorcycle license. As others have noted in this forum is an exquisitely Chinese experience to get one, and then you'll be street legal. There's been a lot of discussion in MCM in recent months about how to get and stay legal -- both rider and bike -- in various cities, including Beijing.

Be careful what you buy. There's a lot of bikes of dubious origin out there, and you're placing yourself and your family at some risk if you get caught with fake or otherwise illegal registration, license, etc.

Why not a new bike from a "reputable" dealer?

Good luck and keep us posted about how you proceed!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: my presentation 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks for the warm welcome =D
    it was the gaz pump the problem and the dealer couldn't replace it at that time...

well i looked around on the forum and there are a lot of reputable dealers around, but as i said i'm not in the rush after what i read... Walk before run, there is a driving school near of my place, i'll go there to know how it goes, and then (and only after i get the precious license...) i'll look for a motorcycle with the proper administration papers and 京A plate...

cheers !!!

5. #5 Re: my presentation 
    C-Moto Noob
    so i finally took my decision, this summer i go back to Belgium and i'll pass my motorcycle driving license there.

I have a question for you guys : do i have to take the exam with the questions or is it as the car driving license ??

thanks !!

6. #6 Re: my presentation 
    JB,

Don't think it matters how you get your motorcycle licence in your own country. Main thing is that you have it and it's valid when you apply here. If it's valid, and you've translated it into Chinese, and you have a visa or residence permit with validity of 3 months or longer, you can take the written exam only and avoid doing the painful road training and road test. At least that's the way it works in Beijing, Shanghai and other big cities. In other words, having a valid license satisfies the requirement that you prove you know how to ride safely.

Good luck getting your Belgian endorsement this summer!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

7. #7 Re: my presentation 
    C-Moto Noob
    that's why i want to do it there, like that i know i will understand correctly the instructors ;-)

and i already have my chinese's driving license but i didn't take the test because Belgium isn't on the list of the countries which have to take the written test... So i'm just wondering how it goes for the motorcycle...

EDIT : and i'll go back in september with (i hope) a visa for 1year...

8. #8 Re: my presentation 
    motorcycle endorsement in china is different. it's an addition to your regular "C" car license. i kind of doubt there is some special exemption for belgians for the motorcycle license. to be safe, just get one in Belgium, and prepare for the written test in China. You can take it in English (actually chinglish, but you can download all of the questions and the "correct" (but sometimes nonsensical) answers).

Most motorcyclists qualify for the C1E license, which covers both passenger cars and motorcycles, but not three-wheelers (sidecars, etc). For three wheels, you need the C1D. Someone will correct me if I've got that wrong.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

9. #9 Re: my presentation 
    C-Moto Noob
    thank you for this really quick answer =D !!

10. #10 Re: my presentation 
    Hi,I have a story about Jing A plate.
    I decided to buy a JH600 and paid the money to JiaLing on 25th April after I wento to JinGang Car Garden to see the sample JH600 moto,there's a guy,named Zhanghaitao,he is the only after-sale service of JH600 in beijing.He told me that he could help me to get the Jing A plate,13500 at that time(20 April),cause my temporary residence permit problem,I got my Jing A plate by 15500 on 20th May,extra 2000 in one month,the reason is simple,because of limited car purchased in BeiJing,lots of guys choose to buy moto,and he told me that the Jing A plate will rise price around 20000 RMB soon,so,in my opinion,if you wanna get a Jing A plate,the faster the better.

Zhang is warm kind guy,if you wanna buy second-hand or new motor or Jing A Plate,you can call him for a consultation,his moblie phone number is :13911812678.

euphonius is right,if you have aready got chinese driving car licence , find a driving school,like LaoShan,JingDong,HaiDian,I will get my C1E moto driving licence at the end of next month in HaiDian driving school,it will take you one and a hald months to get your C1E if everything is ok.

Sorry for my bad English,maybe I didn't say it clearly.

Hope it's useful to you,and get your new moto\Jing A plate\moto driving licence soon.

Cheers!
    Lion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast