Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Not Dead, but they really annoyed me.. 
    Just got tired of that "Other" Forum. Was an active member, but to much babble from folks who had no idea what they are talking about.

Same 5 bikes. The running ones are as follows, momma's Jet-Tah, my Viva, the 1970 CT-70 with Zongshen power. The non runners are, the other half of the Jet-tah, and a parts Lifan LF200 GY5..

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    huh ! me not follow yu

are yu talking about where people just talk about there bikes breaking all the time and seeing how many km's they put on it
    so long and good by

Starts with idiots like Porter and CRridin just posting Male Cow Poop just to hear themselves type. Than come up with great stories like claiming to do lightspeed bike operation with a 56 sprocket because of a ignition module..

Desert Dog, I left CRiders shorlty after you joined. There was a time when people used the search function, posted good information for projects, and posted questions the could not find the answer to by using the search engine. I loved the forum, but got tired of searching through the postings to try to find the folks with real problems. Then when you do post an answer some idiot, see above, personally attacks you and your information. Was happy to help, but got tired of PM ing the administrator with problems, only to not have it resolved.

I have been told he hired muscle men to address the problem, but still, it left a bad taste in my mouth more than once..
    Last edited by USMC-Mustang; 06-29-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Yeah I actually miss all the dumb crap that came out of portzers mouth, was funny as hell,he was so dumb and annoying, cant take things personaly, specialy from people on line, but there are still great people on that site who really try to help people and it is still a good place to go,specialy if u have a Lifan or Roketa, plus I learned that were all one and the same, you may not know it, but all of us china riderz are doing a commendable thing, changing the way people look at transportaition, helping the motorcycle market, and helping the Earth, if everybody had a motorcycle or scooter(specially the usa) we would be in a much better world O and btw Culcune

Quote Originally Posted by rizn View Post
    O and btw Culcune
    I may have come hard on the CR forum, but there has or was alot of problems that needed to be fixed and avoided in the future..

I really enjoyed the Forum and helping folks out, minus the few. Then it came to the point where the same question was asked by two different people on the same page. It became hard to seperate the real problems vs the whinners. Then when you did answer a question, you have the manual in front of you as well as experience from previously fixing the same problem, and some dumb prepubecent kid with zits from his cheetos at lunch break would pop up and bash you, both personally, as well as your answer. Than give out some really bad-incorrect info. GRRRRR it made me madder than h*!!. Then the language started to top off the personall attacks, and I said forget it. I dont need them.. Frostbite had no idea what to do, lock the post, ban the poster, or ignore it. For a while he did alot of the later.

Have done ALOT of mods in the past few months. Cam timing change, oil cooler install, and Clarke tank install, as well as verifications of new silencers that fit. Will be posting them here as time goes on. If you want to link it to CR, you are welcome to it.

As I recall you were another one that popped in new when I was on my out. Never had a problem with you as a new guy.

Now if they would inforce the search before post, we would cut it in half. I used the search engine a year before I ever even became a member. It was only when I had a question that had never been listed on the forum did I join. The title was "Viva Side Panels" Which I found, but not through the forum, just alot more searching on the net.

Smash'm and Bash'm for not using the search function, than point them to the search engine, than hyperlink them to the post. It has worked well on 3 forums I belong to. RV.net, TheRangerstation.com, and TheDieselStop.
    What the h@!! is an Aluminum Falcon?
    I dont travel to go dirt riding, I dirt ride everytime I travel!!
    http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/USMC-Mustang/

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

I'd love to hear about the Clarke tank install!

I tried asking people who had done it, but never got a response. Was always buried by threads about CDI installs.

Quote Originally Posted by rizn View Post
    O and btw Culcune
    I think I resent that somehow, or am influenced?! Makes me want to take out the Cobray and shoot rapid fire at the local shooting range, but I am currently in the People's Republik of Kalivornia where they do not allow ze gunz...

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I think I resent that somehow, or am influenced?! Makes me want to take out the Cobray and shoot rapid fire at the local shooting range, but I am currently in the People's Republik of Kalivornia where they do not allow ze gunz...
    Ok.. you are alive, but in Communist-forni-cation . The land of Nuts and fruits, not just on the flag, but in the mouth to boot. Speaking of boot, thats what is holding the gerbil in. We feal your pain, and appologize. When you come home, come up, I have an auto AR15 US Gov you can release some rounds through. An to add to the fun, some homemade beer, and Willie peter tracer rounds.

As an Air Force Flag Officer Brat, I grew up all over this beautiful world of ours. When ! was 14, my dad moved us (just he and I) from Elmedorf AFB in Alaska to Ca. I thought cool, we are going back to Beale or Hamilton, or..... Vandenberg. I was excited as this was going to be our last base, as he was taking the Base commander position. No, no where cool to ride my RM400.. He got us stationed at Sunnyvale AFS, now named Onizuka after the asian astronaut they went up in the Challenger explosion.

For thise who dont know, that is right in the heart of the SF Bay Area. NO MORE DIRT RIDING!! So I did it on the street, many times I had 15-20 Los Gatos PD chancing that power house down mainstree LG. Down into the creek, and up into the Los Gatos mountains, and they never found me. The only good hing was we lived on 2 acres in Los Gatos, but the POA would not allow me to put in a track. Butttttttt, they couldnt stop the construction crews from building burms of dirt to store dirt on the property next door. And they could never seem to ever get that water truck from leaking water all over this one low spot. Needless to say, I got my track, but there was always a LGPD officer close buy to hear me pop out onto the road. Then it was push the bike home.

Eventually I sold it and bought my honda Alpinstar XL. Good bike, but heavy, unable to run it well on any off the offroad track from the weight and width.

Now I live in an area with 100's of thousands of acres of state trust land, and National Forest. Carry a 22 and a hunting permit, and if the fish police stop you, brandish your weapon, show your license, and you are good to go. "Just prarie dog shootin officer, tast like goat".. You could ride for a month, and never see the same place twice. Nice thing,

It doesnt look like Culcunes area, where everything looks the same. Except that one spot where the mexicans were running with us, instead of against us.. OH YEAH!! that is when we accidentially crossed over the border, and had to smuggle ourselves back in!!!

I know that you see it differently, but you neglected to show it to me. How about a Fall ride Culcune. Got all of this land as well as the cabin on the property next door. Sure we could put a few guys up, hour from kingman-prescott-flagstaff.

For those who want to tent it, we have a small grassy spot out front.. For those who want to rough it, sleep on the floor on my side of the bed, these new pills give me some bbbbbbbbbbbbbad gas, an its fowl. Tripped the carbon Monoxide sensor off next to the bed last week.
    Last edited by USMC-Mustang; 07-02-2008 at 08:00 AM.
    What the h@!! is an Aluminum Falcon?
    I dont travel to go dirt riding, I dirt ride everytime I travel!!
    http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/USMC-Mustang/

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

that's fing sweet USMC-Mustang, Culcune no resentment, and I got one for you, I just got a sweet REMINTON knife for my birthday, I open it up and on the blade is says MADE IN CHINA, and I have a question, are there guns made in china?

USMC, thanks for the offer(s). When the weather cools off (late Oct.??) I will definitely be interested in riding and camping, and all sorts of things. I will email you.

Rizn, you definitely had that owed to me. As far as the knife, I am curious where their guns are made, too

Back to the relatives.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast