Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: So excited!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 So excited! 
    Uh, hey friends. I'm having a date today. 100km driving to another city and there. Yeah nothing extraordinary on this planet but I just have that strange feeling in my stomach

2. #2 Re: So excited! 
    Strange feeling in your stomach?

Why? You ate a rotten shells?

Or... or... Tapeworm infection?

What is it?

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: So excited! 
    Dunno, I ate yesterday only a little porridge in the morning and little ice cream in the night. Was so futile to eat I just threw stuff away! No hungry no can eat Anyway maybe it was the ice cream. However will eat a full plate of porridge soon. A man has to eat else he can't stand on his feets!

4. #4 Re: So excited! 
    Eating 'dates' before a drive, especially Taatelikakku, can lead to many visits to the toilet which can be annoying when you are on a motorcycle and all zipped and strapped up in many layers of clothes. I suggest you eat a cheese sandwich instead and a banana and peanuts to bind your guts up! Do they have 'milk of magnesia' in Finland?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: So excited! 

6. #6 Re: So excited! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I gues this is a good place to put my own funny feeling in the gut story. Just aborted a major motorcycle trip to Laos. Just a bad vibe about the whole thing .. Here's a list:

1. Late. As usual, I pack at the last moment, I left home at 4!
    2. Wasn't too comfortable with the brand new brake pads, no 'braking feeling'. I have to pull real hard to stop the bike
    3. Maps not downloading to phone. I'm lost
    4. Ran out of gas while still in the city, just after stocking up on much needed moto gear!
    5. Someone helped themselves for a brand new, only used for 3 minutes left hand glove. I took it off to check why the bike is not getting fuel.. well because there is non ..
    6. Bike feels seriously underpowered, eventhough I just cleaned and oiled the chain yesterday.. Maybe the air filter has come loose. I just checked at the parts market, couldn't find an airbox to fit.
    7. Just a bad start .. and by 7.30 I'm hungry and still just 20 minutes from home ..

Well no more trip .. taking the boring bus tomorrow.
    Last edited by slabo; 05-28-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: I was drunk last time i wrote this...

7. #7 Re: So excited! 
    Yea, I follow your thinking. Gut feelings of this kind can be important. And you will never know what horror it was you missed by being careful. It isn't superstition, anyone who has lived long enough would admit to enough times when subconscious or even prescient warnings have kept them safe or made them avoid doing something/going somewhere. Just occasionally you win by re-starting after careful relaxing but nothing lost by listening to your gut. Have a good trip to Laos and sit on your laptop to avoid road mines.

I get the 'feeling' though that Mikko's date was the perfect female kind he is always hoping to bump into and that butterflies he felt were just pure nerves. Come on Mikko, what happened? Last time you took off on a trip chasing shielas you fell of the planet for a month or three!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #8 Re: So excited! 
    Funny…. I thought once you get love sickness you have immunity thereafter. Then as you get older you learn its best to load up on carbohydrates for big events, do not weaken yourself before the event, you want to be ready to go the distance.

It’s a sport get your game on…stop with the belly aching.

9. #9 Re: So excited! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post

It’s a sport get your game on…stop with the belly aching.
    For a moment there, I read stop with the belly dancing..
    Hehe..

10. #10 Re: So excited! 
    Attempting belly dancing with a restless intestinal track…..that’s a scary thought.

If love sickness brought about diarrhea…then would it be common in high school to shit your self over a flirtatious cheerleader?

What about guys who got the shits in gym class? It must have been something I ate? Yeah right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast