Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    I know its not a Chinese motorcycle but felt I should share what mods have been done and what will be done soon. A small ride review atm I've only ridden 80 miles on her since picking her up on Thursday the best new that the standard inox exhaust was too restrictive so a nice free DEP race exhaust will be fitted at no cost saving me £186 + labour. The bike has been partially deristricted at the CDI to counteract the over restrictive exhaust it does 75mph. I did test the bike with the CDI restrictor in it was stuck to 45mph showing how much the exhaust was impeding progress when it should be doing 73mph with the restriction.
    there is still a restriction to be taken out in the airfilter but i'll get that taken out once iv done 500 kilometers as the manual suggests for a first service at which point the bike should be producing 21bhp as Rieju say it's capable of.

In terms of ride comfort on the bike its a huge improvement on my Yamaha jog RR 50cc scooter which had a comfy seat but the suspension absorbed nothing whereas its the reverse on the Rieju amazing marzocchi USD forks and Gas rear damper only down side is the seat is like sitting on a wooden plank painful after a long ride no problems so far. I'm really surprised by how well its put together the small fuel tank Is a pain. one other mod that's more for my taste than performance is the side stand was modified to stay down when the weight of the bike is taken off as standard it just flicks up which i would of found too easy to engange when trying to stand her up. Tyres fitted are Sava's a slovenian brand grippy even in the pouring rain

Once I have had Patricia Run in the new exhaust fitted and air filter fully unrestricted i'll have to hit the nice twisties near my house properly.
    Last edited by Kennon; 10-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.

2. #2 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    sorry the title should say Rieju Marethon Pro 125 SM not PRP

3. #3 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    Your attachments are not showing up, they have to be on the internet to link to them.
    You also may consider editing your content its kind of hard to read.

The web page was created by an English teacher living in China at the time….it’s not really for Chinese motorcycles actually more to offer a place for English language support those ridding in china.

I’d like to see what you did and how you did it….but it’s currently showing up as a jumble of text.

4. #4 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    here you go the pictures that should of shown up and yeah i should write abit less but thats just how i get my point across in as descriptive form as possible 18 years of living in the UK put to good use lol
    Rieju CDI deristriction.jpghopefully it should show how the CDI is unrestricted by a simple wire
    02rieju-marathon.jpgthe standard INOX finish Exhaust
    DEP exhayst system.jpgand heres the DEP exhaust im getting free flowing with no catalytic converter in it ;)
    hope this explains it abit more than just my words

5. #5 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    That’s awfully easy….I am curious what was the rev limit on that bike?

6. #6 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    yh its easy thats why the deristriction is free of charge to those who have run the engine in and got a full license, im not too sure about the rev limit as the digital dash does not have a rev counter

7. #7 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    decided to do abit more snooping around my bike after doing a full clean after getting proper dirty yesterday in the rain abit of polish and some chain lubing needed
    P31-05-11_13.48.jpgseat removedP31-05-11_13.48[1].jpgthis shows how compact everything is under the seat
    P31-05-11_13.50.jpgP31-05-11_13.52.jpgthis is the air filter restrictor nice and easy to remove
    P31-05-11_13.53.jpgfor the time being iv put it back in as im still running her in and dont want to void my 2 years warranty but i did test patricia without it in crisper throttle responce and the sound is amplified even more it should be another 2-3 weeks before i ahve the 500kms done and dusted will have new exhaust and full deristricted by then can't wait for that plus the fact i can drift her round roundabouts now will be even more possible when she is at full power
    Last edited by Kennon; 06-24-2012 at 11:18 PM.

8. #8 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    I get it that one wire must be just so it qualifies as a beginner bike, it should still have a maximum rev limit or you could blow the engine. Without the beginner limiter on it the power to weight ratio must be too high to qualify it as a beginner bike. That's a good way to get around that….no need to get another bike once you test past beginner, you just take off the governor.

Nice looking bike….

9. #9 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    they do sell a competition model with proper enduro tyres for racing they call it the competizion version it has fully adjustible USD forks twin radiator set up and a Leo Vince exhaust as standard for more power they sell this as 125 but there is a 200cc which is actually a malossi 183cc kit on the 125 engine which looks identical in terms of the grafix but comes with same parts as my bike.
    Rieju MRT PRo Competizion.jpgheres the full Rieju Marathon Pro Competizion 125 its not surprising that Rieju have become such a dominent force in motocross and six days events in the lower leagues with there low prices and amazing parts
    Last edited by Kennon; 11-14-2011 at 08:06 PM.

10. #10 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    got a good call today that the exhaust has arrived and could be fitted at 2pm got a few snaps before and after fitting and a few of the dealership PBmotorcycles
    P03-06-11_11.13.jpgjust had to grab a snap next to a Vespa GTS Super 300 love these scooters 90mph on a scooter where do i sign up
    P03-06-11_12.50.jpgonce i got to the dealership i was instantly shown my free race exhaust so light
    P03-06-11_13.14.jpgP03-06-11_13.15.jpgi had to wait a while whislt other bikes were getting built/ serviced so i had a quick stroll throught he dealership and saw these two Baoaotian Monza 125's look lovely in my opinion some classic italian styling with a few chinese details added for example that little black part right in front of the engine has some detailing reminisant of those found in chinese palaces got the chance to ride one whislt waiting not bad pretty nippy things.
    P03-06-11_13.50.jpgfrom here my bike was taken into the garage here is when the seat and side panel were removed after this i wasnt allowed to be in the pit area for "safety" reasons but i kept close at the doors to take some pictures of the progress.
    Last edited by Kennon; 12-19-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast