Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    I know its not a Chinese motorcycle but felt I should share what mods have been done and what will be done soon. A small ride review atm I've only ridden 80 miles on her since picking her up on Thursday the best new that the standard inox exhaust was too restrictive so a nice free DEP race exhaust will be fitted at no cost saving me £186 + labour. The bike has been partially deristricted at the CDI to counteract the over restrictive exhaust it does 75mph. I did test the bike with the CDI restrictor in it was stuck to 45mph showing how much the exhaust was impeding progress when it should be doing 73mph with the restriction.
    there is still a restriction to be taken out in the airfilter but i'll get that taken out once iv done 500 kilometers as the manual suggests for a first service at which point the bike should be producing 21bhp as Rieju say it's capable of.

In terms of ride comfort on the bike its a huge improvement on my Yamaha jog RR 50cc scooter which had a comfy seat but the suspension absorbed nothing whereas its the reverse on the Rieju amazing marzocchi USD forks and Gas rear damper only down side is the seat is like sitting on a wooden plank painful after a long ride no problems so far. I'm really surprised by how well its put together the small fuel tank Is a pain. one other mod that's more for my taste than performance is the side stand was modified to stay down when the weight of the bike is taken off as standard it just flicks up which i would of found too easy to engange when trying to stand her up. Tyres fitted are Sava's a slovenian brand grippy even in the pouring rain

Once I have had Patricia Run in the new exhaust fitted and air filter fully unrestricted i'll have to hit the nice twisties near my house properly.
    Last edited by Kennon; 10-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.