Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    P03-06-11_13.59.jpghere are a few of the bikes ready to go in to be worked on apart from the Sinnis apache 125 supermoto that belongs to the apprentice who's the same age as me he lives not to far from me will have to do abit of cruising around with his SinnisP03-06-11_13.59[1].jpgA nice new AJS Regal Raptor 125 ready to be put togetherP03-06-11_14.01.jpg
    P03-06-11_14.30.jpgand here it is on the bike absolutley lovely noise which has to be illegal by EU standards could hear it a good half a mile away whislt she ws being test ridden its absolutely lovely since it sits lower hopefully wont smoked my already smoked by OEM indicators. on terms of performance the throttle is crisper/sharper pick up is allot better and it just sounds like a pure motorcross bike unfiltered noise and thats how it should be
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kennon; 11-13-2011 at 07:51 PM.

2. #12 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Your Rieju looks fantastic. You'll have to post a little video so we can all appreciate the sound track...

Are these Riejus still 100% Spanish-made or is that a rebadged Chinabike?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #13 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    Euphonius
    Rieju are still 100% spanish made there factory is just north of barcelona. the other bikes in the dealership are mostly of chinese, taiwanese and korean built bikes consisting of Lifan, pulse which is just a UK company that buys chinese bikes to be rebadged, AJS another british company that uses chinese bikes, baotian and the only korean brand there Hyosung iv got a video of me revving her but the sound quality isnt too good on my phone so i'll have to get my camera out some time to record it.

Thanks.

4. #14 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    recently iv found the rear suspension to be allot softer than i want it to be when pushing hard round bends since mine is a early production model its a non adjustible olle gas dampened rear shock should get confirmation on a price for the newer adjustible rear shock will have show the difference in the shocks once its been purchased and fitted
    Duke Killer LEO Vince, ADJ Shock.jpgheres a pic of the soon to be released Duke killer black edition it shows what the newer standard rear shock looks like with the compresion adjuster ontop of the gas damper
    Last edited by Kennon; 06-24-2012 at 11:21 PM.

5. #15 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    another update got my full license now so i can legally get my bike deristricted when she gets serviced this wednesday should be allot better top end punch will have to see what top speed is up to afterwards

6. #16 Re: Rieju marathon PR0 125 SM 
    got my bike serviced and at full power can feel a instant difference in pick up might have to get a bigger front sprocket as im so close to hitting the rev limited in 6th if it wasnt the headwind slowing progress had to wait a while during the service and all round check up so i did abit of chinese bike hunting round the dealership
    P20-06-11_17.28.jpgmy bike now at full unrestrictred power i must say allot better looking without a stupid L plate on her
    P22-06-11_14.02[3].jpga moto roma once a spanish brand now chinese owned as i told not sure whether it is or not but not allot of information out there about them
    P22-06-11_14.02.jpgnow i definitely know these are chinese even though the name zontes makes me think they have a spanish like
    P22-06-11_14.02[1].jpgthey had 3 models of zontes there all 125 in form not to sure where the engines origins are from but they claim to be own design this one came with some very offroad looking rear tyre loked abit weird but its proportions would make for a proper comfy commuter and occassional offrad hack
    P22-06-11_14.02[2].jpg

7. #17 Re: Rieju marathon PR0 125 SM 
    Well done on your license and getting the bike to its proper potential! 20hp on such a lightweight bike must be a real hoot. Get the front wheel up in the air yet?

8. #18 Re: Rieju marathon PR0 125 SM 
    Senior C-Moto Guru

More of this hottie please .. I'm in love...

9. #19 Re: Rieju marathon PR0 125 SM 
    @felix thanks yeah shes real good fun to click up with first, second and third are my wheelie gears since there all really low down havnt tried 4th yet too much head wind on the way home came close to having a off some stupid woman in a car was halfway turning into a smaller road and stopps for no reason was about half a foot away locking the brakes up.

@Slabo aha yeah the moto-roma is quite a nice bike but not allot of info out there about the bike all i know is from what iv been told by the dealer and some guy at college who has one they go alright for a 125 not a bad topspeed and the build quality is quite on par with korean and taiwanese built bikes
    http://www.pbmotorcycles.co.uk/newbi....asp?bi_id=831

apart from having a near crash today iv fitted some new bars in gun metal grey allot more comfortable since they pitch back abit more than the standard ones
    P23-06-11_09.37[2].jpgP23-06-11_09.37[1].jpgP23-06-11_09.37.jpgthe standard ones here in there aluminium finish were nice but i wanted abit more contrast in my bike than just gold,blue,white and aluminium finish
    P23-06-11_10.22.jpga nice shade of gun metal grey handle bars were purchased at my local Hein Gericke shop had to rely on pictures to remember the order of where and what was fitted to the bars first, spent a good 10 minutes yesterday deciding what colour bars would be best there were a choice of Chrome, gold, black and these gun metal ones as much as im tempted by the gold ones iv seena picture of gold renthals fitted to this bike too much gold going on for my liking, plus this gun metal is a nice contrast between the gloss black and my standard aluminium finish ones best of all these bars are thicker internally yet lighter.
    P23-06-11_10.22[1].jpgthis yellow cone came in quite handy when changing the bars over all i need now is a bar pad should get one next week off a friend iv been described its black with gold writing MXB or something like that.

The brand of these bars are called pro sports some austrian company had some interesting time reading the information about them in german been 3 years since i last learnt german only remember the bare basics. :/
    Last edited by Kennon; 11-13-2011 at 07:52 PM.

10. #20 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    only a day after fitting my new bars and im already thinking of new mods
    since i will finish all my coursework for college i'll the rest of the time until term ends making parts fro my bike free metal why not.
    so heres what im going to make a tail tidy but different to how everyone has them facing the sky which makes the bike longer, i was inspired by this Yamaha WR125X over in finlad it makes the bike look stumpier and gives the rear a sharper look iv already started to sketch a few designs i'll make some measurements tomorrow after work.
    Yamaha WR125 SM Tail Tidy.jpgi just love how it gives a sort of ducktail look hopefully when i change my rear shock it'll raise the rear abit more.
    the other thing im going to make is a bash plate since i hate cleaning the bottom of the engine after its been a wet ride im thinking of spraying it in a metallic dark grey to match that of my handlebars.
    Rieju MRT125LC Pro Duke Killer.jpgim basing my design off the official Rieju product but why spend money on something i can build and personalise to my needs for the bike so far iv only spent £27 on my bike to make her better performance and looks wise, and so far Patricia has been fitted with a Race DEP exhaust, fully deristricted, handlebars changed soon to come an update of my build,paint and installation of my bash plate and tail tidy also recieving a bar pad soon.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast