Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    The red bike looks like its a SENKE/ROMET Model

2. #22 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    aha yh your right probably same bike rebadged but with 125 cylinder head on instead
    Last edited by Kennon; 12-08-2011 at 09:00 PM.

3. #23 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    a few updates here and there from the past few weeks i attempted to build a bash plate but some pikey knicked the metal before i got around to drilling and bending it :/ shame and then i didnt have enough time to finish off my tail tidy since iv now completed college and waiting for Oxford brookes uni to get back to see if i'll be studying there in september.
    P30-06-11_12.11[1].jpgthe angle that i wanted my license plate to be ahhwell i can always fabricate one while im at uni just need to keep hold of all the measurements i made for it.
    P30-06-11_12.45[2].jpghalf way dismantling the plastic unit
    P07-07-11_17.16.jpga picture at the end of my last day at college at donnington after a few shake down test sessions for the formula Ford and radical overall it werent a bad college since i did learn allot about motorsport during my two years studying there
    P09-07-11_14.36.jpgmy lovely new bar pad used but atleast it was free suits the bike nicely having the gun metal grey bars
    Last edited by Kennon; 11-13-2011 at 07:54 PM.

4. #24 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    Right its been far too long since i last did anything to my bike, just been doing the usual chain tensioning and greasing but now i have decided to sort out the red lining 6th gear by getting a bigger front sprocket standard its a 14 tooth iv orderd a 15 th now should come wednesday a nice simple job will get a 30 miles test ride just to see how much of a difference it will make hopefully my top end will be more comfortable than hearing the bike scream
    15 th Front Sprocket.jpghere it is even includes drilled and threaded holes for the retainer
    SP_A0376.jpgheres some CJ type police bike i saw during my return back to hong kong this was over in the chinese side of sha tau kok

5. #25 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    okay since my last post my sprocket arrived after just one day of it being dispatched great service on behalf of SPR racing UK, the sprockets if not better made than the OEM part from italy, took about 20 mins to get it fiited nice and easy jsut got real messy in the garage, took it for a test ride a good 8mph(12kmh) extra on top of what it used to do and thats not even pushing my bike hard yet is saw 83mph(133kmh) easily whilst still sitting upright and wasnt the most ideal weather conditions today hopefully tomorrow will be a more conclusive long run on the new sprocket.
    im surprised going up just on tooth can make such a good difference not bad for a £12.99 sprocket
    P16-08-11_12.02.jpgheres the new 15th sprocket alsoe comes with retainer plate
    P16-08-11_12.55.jpgthe original rather groggy looking sprocket
    P16-08-11_12.54.jpgwhen fitted i was abit worried about the chain clearance on the cover thank fully i had no reason to worry plenty of space left
    P16-08-11_14.02.jpgfitted and ready for its first test run here
    Last edited by Kennon; 11-13-2011 at 07:55 PM.

6. #26 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    Great and Nice 125 cc little bike you have.
    After installed 16 tooth, how the feeling on the ride both street and trail.
    Current bike....2011 M-Bike JL200GY-2C
    New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

7. #27 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    its abit slower offorad having a bigger front sprocket having less torque but on the street its allot faster 130KMH +
    at the moment iv switched back to the standard 14th as im only doing short trips and prefer to have the torque for the time being it is nice to have the most powerful 125 4 stroke on sale
    iv got another 2 years with a 33bhp restricted license so i'll just do a few small mods during that time to get things perfect then im planning on going on a double BMW ownership 320D m sport and a BMW F800GS

8. #28 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    Tks. So mostly onroad and short distance better to use stock.
    While 16 tooth is for long distance travelling.......
    With my bike I have to stock 2 front sprocket, 1 on use and other under in tool box.
    Some friend had 2 carb, 1 for E85 and other for E10-E20 as upcountry
    cant easily find E85....Ah ahahahah

BMW F is dual sport while the R is more classic and last forever.
    If I am buying, I will get any R-GS or even the older R model.
    I like K1, had once ride it. R1150GS is superb cant decide which one
    to choose. Final fall into R. This is the reason why I choose R series.
    Current bike....2011 M-Bike JL200GY-2C
    New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

9. #29 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    yh its good having two sprockets to choose from only take 10 mintues to change over and get the chain at the perfect tension, too bad i wont be using my bike for a while from september onwards until easter,
    i prefer the F800GS as its more useful everywhere not being as specific as the R series plus there lighter and go further on a tank of fuel the only R's i like are the R80GS and the R71 but thats only because the Russian's reversed engineered it to make the URal and then CJ baught the rights to build there own boxer military bikes.
    Last edited by Kennon; 06-24-2012 at 11:26 PM.

10. #30 Re: Rieju marathon PRP 125 SM 
    after a week or two on the larger sprockets i had some issues with it first being a lack of top speed in head winds which bored me allot, less torque to get up to speed and it would be harder to shift gear with the larger sprocket something about it just made the gearbox feel looser and less willing to engage, for these reasons iv converted back to the standard 14th sprocket less top speed but atleast it can hold its speed allot better and no problems what so ever with the gears as soon as i reinstalled it.
    Last edited by Kennon; 11-13-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast