Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: MZ lives

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 MZ lives 
    Uhhuh, why they make these? Don't they understand that people can go crazy just by seeing a picture of them

449 cc Gas Gas engine, dry weight 118 kg

This is the 2000 century MZ I have been waiting for

2. #2 Re: MZ lives 
    Still, old ETZ 251 or even TS 250 have a more refined design than these tractors.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: MZ lives 
    TS 250 is almost iconic design.

ETZ is though great too, but she does not have that original look.

Take a look at ETZ 250 motor. The cylinder cooling rivets, huge! This engine was made to last.

Oh well, classic MZ biges were excellent. However, the new ZP seems to inherit one or two characteristics of classic MZs. That is, easy maintenance and good driving characteristics. It looks like a small and very agile bike, just like classic MZ bikes are. However, everything else has changed. It is not affordable anymore but rather elitist bike.

Dunno, pisses me anyway. I want to go 30 years back in time when real motorcycles were made instead of crap they do novadays Urals and Enfields excluded.

4. #4 Re: MZ lives 
    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! I found brand new MZ ETZ 250 from year 1986 for sale in Finland!

Needless to say I emailed the seller at once

Getting that bike would be like winning in lottery.

5. #5 Re: MZ lives 
    About "this engine is built to last" - I still remember article who I have read twenty or more years ago, which was transferred by a local automotive magazine.

German motorcycle magazine "Motorrad" conducted some sort of a survey among his readers, looking for a motorcycle that had the highest mileage. I think the first was some BMW boxer, with an really incredible mileage, and in the top 10, with several BMW's, I saw a pair of MZ ETZ's (or TS's - I don't remember). I was stunned - inexpensive and not so quality East German twostroker left far behind Japanese quartet.

If you are considering buying this blue ETZ, I want to remind you, in my opinion, of a MZ's beautiful, healthy exhaust sound.

6. #6 Re: MZ lives 
    The ZP449 is interesting but not for 22.430 EURO!

7. #7 Re: MZ lives 
    I will paraphrase words of my friend: "If I would had a 22,430 euros - I would gеt married!"
    Last edited by Zorge; 01-20-2013 at 04:20 PM.

8. #8 Re: MZ lives 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The ZP449 is interesting but not for 22.430 EURO!
    Yeah, the price is ridiculous.

9. #9 Re: MZ lives 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    About "this engine is built to last" - I still remember article who I have read twenty or more years ago, which was transferred by a local automotive magazine.

German motorcycle magazine "Motorrad" conducted some sort of a survey among his readers, looking for a motorcycle that had the highest mileage. I think the first was some BMW boxer, with an really incredible mileage, and in the top 10, with several BMW's, I saw a pair of MZ ETZ's (or TS's - I don't remember). I was stunned - inexpensive and not so quality East German twostroker left far behind Japanese quartet.

If you are considering buying this blue ETZ, I want to remind you, in my opinion, of a MZ's beautiful, healthy exhaust sound.
    Hey, MZs are quality bikes. They are very rugged design.

The seller replied to my email, but did not tell the price. How secretative!

There is just one issue with that brand new MZ. It has not been registered ever, and current emission laws in Finland make it impossible to register in Finland. The seller however says that there is an exception in the law which could make registering possible with emission laws from year 1986. I am not sure of that, even though MZ Riders in Finland are very honest and trustworthy people. Will have to do some research in any case since MZ riders can be wrong.

That MZ is a diamond. It does have the most ugly fuel tank ever, too. I do badly want it lol.

10. #10 Re: MZ lives 
    While you wait for the price, Haynes manual for MZ ETZ for you - http://manualedereparatie.info/manua...ratie.info.zip

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast