Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi folks, first time poster. I just ordered the Dong Fang DF250RTC (aka the D250RTC on scooterdepot.us). Anyone here got one of these? Wondering about the quality, power, ride issues with them. I can't seem to find any info online about them. Hoping this forum has something to share. Guess I have a week or so before it gets here. Here's what I ordered:

http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-Str...les-p-744.html

2. #2 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    They just put those on the internet recently…they are also a new import, actually all the Dong Fangs are new 2010 Models, never been imported to the USA before.

3. #3 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    I found the DF300TKA…
    It’s a reverse Trike…

In the list of Dong Fang Models; EPA approved models was a 278cc and that’s it. They have rated at 13.8kw @ 6500rpm.

4. #4 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    It must be the big brother of this...
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/Trike-Gas...ped-p-730.html

Which is also made by Dong Fang.

5. #5 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Wow, that is one sweet trike! How's the quality and ride handling? Has it got enough guts in its 278cc engine to feel pretty peppy?

6. #6 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    I would not know I am just looking at pictures of them same as you….your bike looks like it has nice fit to it, what color did you pick?

7. #7 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I wanted white as shown in all the pictures. That looks coolest to me. But the page has a drop-down menu which only shows black, blue, red, and yellow. So I listed yellow as #1 and blue as #2. And if you read the description, under "Sensational Motorcycle Design", it says they're only available in red and black?! Wtf? The description also says "fully automatic transmission". Then, lower down in the specs table it says 5-speed manual. So I guess the specs table is better to be trusted. Oh, but that's not all. The specs table says "Front Brakes 270mm Single Disk, 2 Piston Caliper". All the pictures clearly illustrate a dual front disk brake setup. Scooterdepot seems horribly disorganized. But they did ship me out a nice little 50cc scooter in under a week a month or two ago now. So I guess they're not all that bad. I wish the sales and web teams would get there heads wired to their asses though. All these inaccuracies make purchasing a product based *solely* on a single web page a somewhat frightening prospect!

8. #8 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    These Chinese bike sellers have very poor descriptions on their web sites. I've been sending corrections to the guy I bought my DF250RTB from for months. He has done a pretty good job on cleaning the description up.

http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus27 View Post
    Hi folks, first time poster. I just ordered the Dong Fang DF250RTC (aka the D250RTC on scooterdepot.us). Anyone here got one of these? Wondering about the quality, power, ride issues with them. I can't seem to find any info online about them. Hoping this forum has something to share. Guess I have a week or so before it gets here. Here's what I ordered:

http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-Str...les-p-744.html
    I've had one for about a month now. You will want to get a bottle of blue loctite, and put it on the bolts that mount the mirrors, turn signals, side covers, etc. The bike does vibrate a bit. Check all accessible bolts to make sure they are snug. Check the fuel line, rear brake reservoir line, and vacuum hoses for kinks. Mine were all kinked. I shortened the brake reservoir hose, and replaced the fuel line with some high grade. You may eventually want to change the rear sprocket to a 35-tooth, as these are geared fairly low. I ordered mine today. I have been told that the speedo is a bit off too. Read 70, when you are actually going only 60. I plan to verify this with a GPS once I get it mounted. For the price it is an okay bike, but the QC on these bikes isn't that of a Honda or Kawasaki. That being said, I am enjoying riding it to work every day.

10. #10 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Regular
    How anticlimactic, That's the end of the story ? WTF ever happened to the DFRTC 250 on the way ?