Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New front and back Bike stands for a TR 
    Hi Guys

Just my luck i got a nail in the front tyre after only 600km, but shit the TR dont have a center stand

But when i order the bike i was fully aware of this shortcoming so i had ordered a pair of front and back stands here is the taobao link.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1....1.18.8.ao9fee

Just around the block from me is a tyre shop which i have only seen cars outside, with most car tyres shop most will not do bike tyres as it all the messing about getting the bike jacked up to take the tyre of the bike , so i took my 2 new bike stands with me in a car had the bike on the stands all nice and easy to work on out walked the tyre fitted looked at the front tyre found the nail which had been in for about 70km drive with no lost of air , and he pulls it out and then tells me he cant or wont do the repair . Now with the nail out the tyres and air being losted every sec and now i have to ride back to my garage which luckily was only 2 km away. I asked him why did you pull the nail out if you was unable to repair the tyre. He just look at me with the look of a dumbass sorry i was a farmer 2 weeks ago shoveling pig shit look

Dont you just love these guys here in china

OK back at my Garage put the bike back on the 2 new stands with the new 40mm side stand foot been fitted makes it a lot easier to life the back wheel up on the stand the front stands is very easy to use when the back is up but the ones i got are spring loaded with 3 holes on each pin to adjust the gap. but even on the 3rd hole with the front of the TR the gap is not wide enough to suit the TR front legs so all you have to do is add a few more washers add to the outside of the pin and it will be spot on.. Need to buy a 14mm allen key. Took all the brake caliper wheel and tyre in the car in 10 mins found a local trye shop that could help out all done back on the bike in about 1 hour

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #2 Re: New front and back Bike stands for a TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    That's really bad luck, a good job you thought ahead and had the stands ready, I got a rear stand for my NK so I could lube and adjust the chain. I bought a standard stand to start but its worth noting for anyone that you really need to buy bobbins and fixings as the sstandard set up is hard to use because of clearance issue with the exhaust.

3. #3 Re: New front and back Bike stands for a TR 
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    That's really bad luck, a good job you thought ahead and had the stands ready, I got a rear stand for my NK so I could lube and adjust the chain. I bought a standard stand to start but its worth noting for anyone that you really need to buy bobbins and fixings as the sstandard set up is hard to use because of clearance issue with the exhaust.
    Bobbing is the way to go with the back stand mine come with nice gold ones but like most things in china it came with the wrong bolt sent M8 and you need for the TR M10 1.5 but all ok now works very well its a bit hard to do it by yourself all at the back with the bike on it side stand then need to line up the supports on the stand with the bobbins all from the back then push the back stand down towards the ground but beacuse the bike is leaning over to one side , only one bobbins is picked up at a time then the bike start to lean over to the right to pick up the other boobins all this is being done from the back its better to have someone at the front just to hold it upright but i like a bit of fun
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"