Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Too true, Gardo.

If the stars could only align just long enough... If just a handful of workers in Chino, CA were not high just long enough to place *my* order...

I believe the product is fine. If only I can get through the brick wall that is their sales operation. Yes, I really want the 250cc street bike with dual front and single rear ABS disc brakes. Do I need to submit blood samples? Do I need to write an essay on why I want this bike? Do they want my first born? Wait, I thought it was I who was paying them? Sheesh.

2. #42 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    MJH,
    May I have a puff of what you are smoking?

He is not ordering the bike from China.
    Most of the wholesale operations are owned and managed by Chinese business people.

3. #43 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Just sent this to scooterdespot.

D250RTC - Automatic transmission? Really?

"Fully Automatic Transmission:**Scooters are a great vehicle for those first-time-riders or for anyone who doesn't want to worry about changing gears. The fully automatic transmission is very simple to use and provides a stress free ride."

You sure about that? *Seems like false advertising. Just look at the pictures. Are those fake gear shift pedals?
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-Str...les-p-744.html
    Last edited by Titus27; 06-04-2011 at 04:06 PM.

4. #44 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Most of the wholesale operations are owned and managed by Chinese business people.
    This has been a point of contention for a few years now with alot of these sites--not the fact that Chinese business people own many of these places, but how customers are treated. There have been numerous threads when chinariders.net first began how some places treated people and the follow-through, etc. Ironically, some people were treated just fine and got what they wanted

What you guys need to do is to file complaints with the California Better Business Bureau...California is very pro-citizen versus pro-business so you guys need to use that to your advantage; I guarantee things will be done quickly and much more to your satisfaction once they are contacted by the BBB. It couldn't hurt to go higher to the attorney general if you are not satisfied....

5. #45 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Scooterdepot.us

Registrant Contact Information:
    Name: ANGELA ZHU
    Organization: Sunny Sports Inc.
    Address 1: 12851 Reservoir St
    City: Chino
    State: CA
    Zip: 91710
    Phone: +1.9092870388
    Fax: +1.9099020858
    Email: guru.michaelzhang@gmail.com

Administrative Contact Information:
    Name: Michael Zhang
    Organization: Sunny Sports Inc
    Address 1: 12851 Reservoir St
    City: Chino
    State: CA
    Zip: 91710
    Phone: +1.6268513899
    Fax: +1.6269607399
    Email: guru.michaelzhang@gmail.com

http://www.filerack.in/web/www.scooterdepot.us

6. #46 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Under California Code you actually have to have taken a material loss due to false advertising to take action.

http://www.reedsmith.com/special_topic.cfm?cit_id=7

7. #47 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hmm, this is strange. I can no longer find the DF 250 RTC on scooterdepot.us. It used to be right in the "Motorcycles" page near the D250RTA. It's just ... gone! But there are still vestiges of it because I can pull up the same bike from happyscooters.com (i think they're really scooterdepot as well). Here's url for the RTC on happyscooters: http://www.happyscooters.com/product...&cat=37&page=1

Now here's why I say I think they're really the same company. If I just insert http://www.scooterdepot.us in front of the productid/category/page description, now it looks just exactly like it's scooterdepot that carries the DF 250 RTC again? Try it, it's very strange: http://www.scooterdepot.us/product.p...&cat=37&page=1. Yet, there it looks like they pulled the bike from their website.

And if you call scooterdepot (like I did on Friday), you'll find that they carry the RTC, just not in any of the colors mentioned on the (now defunct) web page: blue, black, red, yellow. Nor do they carry it in the color that every picture was taken of it in: white. They say they have it in stock and only in orange. So I ordered one. It's just odd that now it would seem they no longer carry it. Maybe they pulled the page down (at least dereferenced it) because of all the discrepancies. Who knows....? Be great to actually get someone from scooterdepot/happyscooters/extrememotorsales (who interestingly enough calls the RTC a "SX250R" on their site)/countyimports/however many other aliases they have/etc on here to address some of our concerns and issues and just generally make us feel better and safer doing business with them. Does anyone know if anyone from any of these organizations has ever identified themselves here and discussed any of the issues folks have had?

Gosh, it's such a perfect, sunny, 75 F day here in Colorado. And only my gutless 50cc to ride and get in the way of other very rude and a-hole drivers. Did I mention my GF was run off the rode 4 weeks ago by a lady while driving our 2 day old 50cc? Broke her collar bone in 2 places. She's still on heavy pain meds. I can't believe people. And they've done nearly the same to me. I pull over when I can to let drivers go past when on a single lane road. But when you can't do that and you're only going 35 in a 40 zone, does that really merit getting cutoff? Sheesh.

Well, anyway, here's what I have on order now:

8. #48 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Titus,
    Funny, I ordered my DF250RTB from
    http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx
    which is just a drop shipper.

Sunny Powersports
    http://www.sunnymotor.com/index.php?cPath=29
    (who I guess is the warehouse supplier and probably owns all these drop shippers) sent me a DF250RTC by mistake in white like the above. I sent it back and finally got my DF250RTB.
    The C was a nice looking bike.

Yeah, Sunny now also calls it a MC_D250SX
    #3031 250cc MC_D250SX

Talk about mass confusion.

BTW, sorry to hear about your girlfriend. The 50cc scooters are not safe in traffic. My friend was riding his Honda Metro 50cc with me ( I was on my SYM HD200) and everybody was pissed at us. Cussing us out and cutting us off. I told my friend that I was not going to ride with him anymore.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #49 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, shit I shoulda just ordered from Sunny Powersports and skipped the middle men. One less set of poorly functioning brains that have to sift through all that complex information, like model number, color, bill of sale. :p

10. #50 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    BTW, sorry to hear about your girlfriend. The 50cc scooters are not safe in traffic. My friend was riding his Honda Metro 50cc with me ( I was on my SYM HD200) and everybody was pissed at us. Cussing us out and cutting us off. I told my friend that I was not going to ride with him anymore.
    Yup. I'm taking it to my scooter guy who owns his own scooter shop who said he take it off my hands. If my GF ever wants to ride again, then I'll trade it in for a 150cc. If she doesn't (understandable) then I'll just sell it to my guy. Although I think she wants to ride around with me. So once I get the RTC, and she is finally healed, I think she'll want the scoot. But no way I'm ever letting her on a 50cc again. Thank god for helmets.

Barnone, I did have a question for you. A while back MJH wrote about the RTC:

Fine for tooling around city streets, learning how to master shifting etc. I would never ever take it on the highway.
    In your experience, and given you have a 227cc engine as well, do you fully agree with that statement?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast