Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Is the code on the engine block ZS167MM?

I am hearing that the engine is a Zongshen engine, that was not disclosed on the Dongfang application to the EPA.

I will check as soon as the bike comes in. Scooterdepot says they're currently out of stock. Who knows how long I'll be waiting now.

2. #22 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Out of Stock?

http://www.mxmotorsports.us/YINGANG-...p/yg3r-250.htm

The YINGANG has more power....way more.

26hp and it has a six speed transmission.

3. #23 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    It is also EPA certified AYNGC.250MML-002

Anyone can go to the EPA site and see what the engines are rated at.

The DF is rated at 11kw the YGR3 is rated at 19kw, for $500.00 more you get twice the power and an extra gear.

The DF certificate is ADGFC.229MMA-001

4. #24 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 

5. #25 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Out of Stock?

http://www.mxmotorsports.us/YINGANG-...p/yg3r-250.htm

The YINGANG has more power....way more.

26hp and it has a six speed transmission.
    It seems they found some stock, lol. I got shipment notification last night with a GENWEST tracking number. Sweet! They still didn't say what color yet.

6. #26 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Titus,
    Those drop shippers are so out of control. When I ordered my DF250RTB they sent the wrong bike, wrong bill of sale, wrong MSO, tried to double charge me, etc. Oh, and wrong color. The guy ended up sending me two nice helmets to calm me down.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #27 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Titus, seriously being in Denver you will not follow the conventional advice on jetting….keep the bike stock and see how it runs it may be just right or it may be actually too rich, it certainly should not be to lean. I do not know what your tuning skills are but as altitude rises the fuel to air mixture changes, the air is thinner at 5300 feet so you may not want be increasing the fuel in the mixture.

8. #28 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Your model is supposed to be in the same engine family as the DF bobbers, so they should be the same.
    When you get your bike let the people know what engine code is on the block and also pictures of the carburetor would be cool.

I am seeing different specs in the EPA submitted specification for motorcycles, that information comes from the manufacturer, then information that is used to market some bikes. I would lean toward the lies being to the consumer rather then on the submitted data to the EPA? However I wonder if in some cases they are offering different configuration to consumer then what they are approved to offer?

I am not ragging environmentalist sponsor of bureaucracy, I just think some of it falls into unfair business practices as in lying.

So when they say it has 18hp then there is the obvious question; then why did you tell the EPA that it only has 14.5hp?

9. #29 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Titus, seriously being in Denver you will not follow the conventional advice on jetting….keep the bike stock and see how it runs it may be just right or it may be actually too rich, it certainly should not be to lean. I do not know what your tuning skills are but as altitude rises the fuel to air mixture changes, the air is thinner at 5300 feet so you may not want be increasing the fuel in the mixture.
    Noted. However, because I'm a computer guy (programmer) and not that mechanical, I'm having it shipped directly to my local scooter shop. They know the routine. They finish building it, change out packing oil, tune it, etc. He inspects it for damage, correct model, color (course they still haven't told me what color got shipped). So now I wait for my new toy. :-)

10. #30 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Your model is supposed to be in the same engine family as the DF bobbers, so they should be the same.
    When you get your bike let the people know what engine code is on the block and also pictures of the carburetor would be cool.

I am seeing different specs in the EPA submitted specification for motorcycles, that information comes from the manufacturer, then information that is used to market some bikes. I would lean toward the lies being to the consumer rather then on the submitted data to the EPA? However I wonder if in some cases they are offering different configuration to consumer then what they are approved to offer?

I am not ragging environmentalist sponsor of bureaucracy, I just think some of it falls into unfair business practices as in lying.

So when they say it has 18hp then there is the obvious question; then why did you tell the EPA that it only has 14.5hp?
    My scooter guy even handles the registration process for me. I might show him this thread though so he's aware. But he's pretty good at this now with how many he does. If I ever get the MSO and bill of sale for my other scooterdepot 50cc, I'll finally make it legit. Wth is their problem over there. Geez. :-/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast