CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #32 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Titus dont even get me started on Scooter Depot
    I read a good portion of the DF250RTB thread. It's astounding what you/us/we put up with. Most companies would probably be out of business with this level of customer support. I guess the rock bottom prices make us overlook it and jump through all kinds of ridiculous hoops to get our hands on one of their products.

3. #33 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Someone at scooterdepot finally responded to my question about what color bike they shipped me.

"Black or blue."

lol

4. #34 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I called scooter depot just now and they said my order has actually not been placed yet. They say the bike is only available in orange. I canceled my order. Orange isn't even an option on their website! omfg

5. #35 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus27 View Post
    I called scooter depot just now and they said my order has actually not been placed yet. They say the bike is only available in orange. I canceled my order. Orange isn't even an option on their website! omfg
    It will probably show up at your house tomorrow.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #36 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    You should probably check your wallet, just to be sure it's still there, and then have a long shower to wash away the sleaze.

Sheesh.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #37 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    It is really hard to get past the hoptions, like first choice of color and then second choice?

????

Seriously if you are selling inventory online then there should be a database linked to what you actually have!
    As one of a certain color gets sold then it gets removed from the list….actually just tagged as sold and then no longer on the list of available.

These people are they using an abacas to count with? With one hand while eating cabbage with the other? While arguing with their mother in law?

They often set up adds for models they do not have and often with prices below that of others offering similar types….it seems to be some distorted imaginary competition?

This may help or not?

You go to Shanghais and arrive at the hotel…the bellhop takes your bags to the room. Then asks “ would you like some tea? You respond “yes“. Then the bellhop asks “would you like Chinese or English tea”? You respond “Chinese tea” Then the bellhop says “ sorry we have no Chinese tea” You respond “ but you just offered me a choice” and the bellhop replies “ it is the hotels policy to always offer guests an hoption”.

Not sure why….but that is China, it is as if they have no foresight? Makes you go hmmm…you think anyone could see where this is going…yet they seem to have no concern about the corner they are heading into?

8. #38 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    MJH,
    May I have a puff of what you are smoking?

He is not ordering the bike from China.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #39 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So they told me I could have the DF250RTA in any color (which I don't like), or the DF250RTC in orange now or another color in 4 - 6 weeks. Since I don't want to blow the summer and get pissed off looks and gestures from drivers on my 50cc for the next 2 months, I told them fine, send me the orange. Sigh. At least I might have some fun riding this summer.

Oh, and they finally sent me the MSO and Bill of Sale for my 50cc. Only a month late. Do they store them in their grandmother's attic?

10. #40 Re: DF250RTC Street Bike 
    MJH,

What you are talking about is e-commerce 101. I remember in the mid 90s when all these commercial websites were going active. There were issues with stock from brick and mortar locations, advance into the real late 90s and those issues were resolved linking the brick and mortar to the e-stores with real time active stock management.

What really puts sand in my pants is that we are now 20+ yrs with this tech. It is commonplace to link this information with not only the brick and mortar locations but distribution centers and suppliers to better aid the consumer. I personally have designed and built whole Point of Sales networks for some smaller shops which link all the fore mentioned. ScooterDespot or SunnySports or whatever name that they are calling themselves on the net has a large online mall with no substance and all flash.
    they have currently 5 or more websites under different names offing the same inventory but the brick and mortar location has no insight to the e-stores. The service is substandard and they cannot deliver what is advertised. Be it the actual "working" product, support, or the claims listed for legality in certain states. Yet they remain in business because they will undercut the competition including other "Dealers" that they supply product to.
    I have had a rough education with this, no one really carries the product and they rely on the distribution center to dropship. They do not carry readily available replacement parts to cover warranty issues and will drag out the consumer through a waiting game forcing you, the consumer, to handle all issues. For some that is fine and they are content with a basket case that they need to tinker with. the rest of us expect a product as stated at point of purchase.
    Now granted people will vocalize and write when things do not go their way and you will hear and read more negative than positive, but so far everyone that I have had correspondence with or have spoken to have actually had more negative, with the company v the product, dealings than not.
    i had a friend actually stop at their showroom in CA to do a bit of recon, and they actually tried to sell him non CA legal products Shows you the type of people and service that we, the consumer, have to deal with.

Okay I’m done rant over.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast