Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: 850km, 3 provinces : Shanghai-Moganshan-Qiandaohu... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Thats why I use and will continue to use 120db horns on all my rides, and use them with vigour all over the places where I ride. No matter I think that other roads users of all types have seen me, heard me or not, several blasts of the horn will make sure that if I can be heard I will be. The mountain road routes are especially deserving. As Pal has stated, drivers of all types cut corners often at speed without any regard for others or even themselves. I've also seen vehicles stopped and sometimes parked on bends in a blindspot as the occupants get out to look at something or take photos, to say nothing of those that just stop/park as close to the centreline or any other place of inconvenience. Long weekends and public holidays being prime silly season.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 06-01-2011 at 10:40 PM.

2. #12 Re: 850km, 3 provinces : Shanghai-Moganshan-Qiandaohu... 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Thats why I use and will continue to use 120db horns on all my rides, and use them with vigour all over the places where I ride. No matter I think that other roads users of all types have seen me, heard me or not, several blasts of the horn will make sure that if I can be heard I will be. The mountain road routes are especially deserving. As Pal has stated, drivers of all types cut corners often at speed without any regard for others or even themselves. I've also seen vehicles stopped and sometimes parked on bends in a blindspot as the occupants get out to look at something or take photos, to say nothing of those that just stop/park as close to the centreline or any other place of inconvenience. Long weekends and public holidays being prime silly season.
    A lovely ride! I can't wait for the weather to clear up to go tackle it again. As for the horns, definitely a "sound" investment. I am looking to get some installed on my bike. A couple of the locals that I ride with use them as well and it's definitely a lot safer around those blind corners that, as you said, people tend to cut without much regard. Something about those roads turns everbody into Michael Schumacher! hahaha. Stay safe, and nice report!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12