Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 So ... you want to be a farmer? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    ... well have I got the perfect bike for you!

Honda 125 "Save" in almost showroom condition. This is THE workhorse bike capable of anything and everything ... carrying 5 people? No problem. Carrying 5 pigs? Easy! Carrying fish, grains, other bikes, or anything you can imagine ... piece of cake!

Seriously, you can't kill this bike. And THAT, my friends, is why it is so incredibly popular in the countryside.

Bike is located in central Beijing. About 6,000 kms on it.

Plate? Yeah right - no self-respecting farmer has a plate - but one can easily be arranged. I bought this bike from a departing diplomat who, no kidding, would ride it to diplomatic functions. He had a diplomatic plate. Not many farmer bikes with that lineage! I think it is about 3 years old.

I used it to teach my sweety how to ride, but she has now graduated to a shiny new YBR125. Little Honda is feeling neglected.

It needs the drum brakes done (the complete parts for the front/rear are 30 rmb each end, on taobao), but otherwise everything works perfectly. I haven't changed the oil in a couple of years, so that should be done, too, I guess. Hahaha. Remember, this is an indestructible farmer's bike. No problems, except the squeeky & spongy brakes.

Deep, as new, glossy red - fully detailed.

Seriously, this bike is perfect for running around Beijing. Quiet, skinny and reliable. And it looks sharp.

2,000 rmb, as is, before I fix the brakes & get a plate. 3,000 thereafter. Be quick.

Hagglers will be dragged from it.

Honda 125.jpgHonda 125 2.jpgHonda 125 3.jpg

2. #2 Re: So ... you want to be a farmer? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    She's gorgeous!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: So ... you want to be a farmer? 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    She's gorgeous!
    Tx - yup she is!

And this country-gal mistress (slim, faithful, and reliable) is more easily accepted by the wife. Probably why Honda called it the "Save" (save your marriage).

She's pretty and very easy to ride! Heh heh

4. #4 Re: So ... you want to be a farmer? 
    A very fine bike.

5. #5 Re: So ... you want to be a farmer? 
    That looks like a fun little bike. the more i look into these small displacement bike the more I like them. however my friends think that i am off my rocker LoL
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #6 Re: So ... you want to be a farmer? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    That looks like a fun little bike. the more i look into these small displacement bike the more I like them. however my friends think that i am off my rocker LoL
    Haha - as Sonny Barger (Angels fame) said many times when people would be surprised that he rode a Sportster (aka the girl's Harley) ... "It isn't what you ride, it is that you ride."

I really enjoy little 125s - they are a blast - and a h3ll of a lot easier to ride in traffic. I used to be a committed 400 -> 750cc rider for the cities in Canada, and use a Gold Wing or Ultra or Road King for highway trips. My naive (arrogant) mindset used to be ... more power = more man. Until I realized that you have to possess cahones the size of watermelons to ride up to a biker bar on a 125!

We need to design a "Happy Kitty" patch (Hello Kitty might bring lawyers) and only allow members who ride 250cc or under ... preferably Chinese-made.

7. #7 Off the market 
    Well, the brakes were replaced (front & rear), oil changed, new tire tubes installed, chain adjusted & lubed, cables lubed, and various other things. Total servicing price, including parts, was 90 rmb. Enough left over from a 100 rmb note for lunch.

Rode home the long way to check it out ... and my red-hot little Honda purrs away like new.

I think I will keep "old faithful", so she's off the market.

Cheers
    Farmer R