Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
Update - I have exactly 173 kms on the new YBR 125. So far, in addition to the cracked mirror, broken clutch lever and bad carb ... the front signal arm fell off, and the paint on the rear grab bar has started to flake. And, after its 3rd visit re the stalling, the carb problem is still not fixed. Come on Yamaha, I know you can do better than this.
UPDATE - dealer fixed the carb problem after I threw a hissy-fit. And now, the bike runs incredibly nice - super smooth & very peppy. I really like how it runs. Sheesh, I wonder when the dealers will get the idea of "dealer prep"?

Anyways, during my hissy-fit, I also mentioned the mirror & clutch lever. They didn't have either in parts stock, but they swiped a mirror off of another customer's bike in for service and gave it to me. (what are they going to tell that guy when he returns?) I have to wait for a new clutch lever. I'm making due with the broken one.

But now the bike runs fantastic. Damn, it is fun. I love these little bikes. And they are sooooo narrow - great for squeezing through even the most narrow gaps.

For what it is worth, the YBR 125 is quite a different bike from the YBR 250, so my experience with the 125 shouldn't migrate over to reflect the 250's characteristics.