Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Great news, Fahni! Days like this you realize that Beijing is actually the size of a province. Riding in town is not for everyone, but in a vast city like Beijing, which has lots of roads, all of which are constantly clogged by traffic, a little nimble (and narrow) motard like the JH-150GY-3 will mean real transport empowerment.

All the TIC aggravation will soon be a thing of the past!

Congratulations, and very much looking forward to your ride reports and reviews of this bike.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #22 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Thanks! I am really happy that all worked out in the end.

But for downtown transport I am going to rely on my trusted ebike. No helmet requirements, no gear shifting, no noise and because it is not registered, I am at much more liberty which traffic rules to obey and which not. And then, with the ebike there are no 京A/京B issues which is important for me since I live in the very center of BJ. (well, not ZNH but close)

Yeah, will keep all of you posted on what this little beauty is capable of. I am sure filipu, whom I met picking up his (the same model) bike yesterday, will also contribute.
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

3. #23 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Ditto man - congratulations on your success. I hope your sweety gets her DL soon, as well. Trust me, it creates a "harmonious domestic society" when the little one isn't left behind, or isolated on a pillion seat.

Re BJ traffic - I sold my 4-wheels. E-bikes, scooters & little 125s are the ONLY way to go!

When you guys are up & running, let's head out on our pack of <200cc bikes ... the Happy Kitties Motorcycle Club (99%'rs) may get off the ground yet! We can even have a club tattoo (lick & stick type, of course, because needles hurt too much).

Happy Kitty.jpg

4. #24 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Cheers, mate! Thanks for all the infos along the way!

The sweety passed the test, only a matter of days until she can pick up the doc.

We'll be going on a short test run to Baihe tmrw, complete with camping gear and all. But I would be more than happy to have a rideout with the happy kitty riders the next time! Shoot me a message if you got time next WE (20/21).
    JH-150GY-3

5. #25 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi All

I have arrived in BJ from Shanghai and looking to get a bike here.

I have seen a couple of cool looking QJiang 150's on the road and like the look of this bike looks like the bigger Benelli

I have only so far seen them on Beijingriders website but wonder if any of you guys can help with where i can buy one in Beijing?

Also what about plate?

I have a C1E license so is that ok for riding in BJ?

Looking for some advise

Cheers

6. #26 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy66 View Post
    I have a C1E license so is that ok for riding in BJ?
    I can't speak for the bikes in Beijing, though there are a couple of riders -- fahni and filipu -- who recently bought the little Jialing JH-150GY-3 motard, and are putting it through its paces right now.

The C1E license is good for two wheels and four, but not THREE (no sidecars).

Keep us posted!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #27 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks I sold my Car in SH and had my license from UK including Bike license translated when applied for it there.

I really wanna get a bike here prefer street bikes but no too bike or expensive and think JH-150GY-3 fits the bil.

Miss my Aprilia RST that sits unused back in UK:-(

Be grateful to hear from any BJ guys for advise

8. #28 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy66 View Post
    Hi All

I have seen a couple of cool looking QJiang 150's on the road and like the look of this bike looks like the bigger Benelli

I have only so far seen them on Beijingriders website but wonder if any of you guys can help with where i can buy one in Beijing?

Also what about plate?
    Hi Astroboy, welcome to Beijing!

I have seen the QJiang at the BJ Riders shop. It looks pretty cool. My gf is eying one of those, too. Would be a little bit to small for my 1,85 m body, though. I don't know any other places who sell them in BJ, but it might be worthwile to look around coz BJ Riders are a little pricy. And after sales service is also very chinese...

The little Jialing I bought is also ok. Just put her to her first test and will post my experience in a minute.

C1E should be fine for two and four wheels.
    Last edited by fahni; 08-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    JH-150GY-3

9. #29 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    So, I just put my first own 320km on the bike and as promised, I want to sum up my impressions of the Jialing JH150GY-3:

The disclaimer: This is my first own bike. Before that, I was only riding small 110cc bikes around a little vietnamese island and I once rode a CJ650 sidecar. So take all my assessments with a grain of salt.

Generally I am happy with the bike. Even riding two up with luggage, the handling is ok. She is definitely no sprinter, more a workhorse. We went to the mountains north of Miyun (Baihe to be exactly) and we had no problems climbing mountains, even accelerating. Top speed could be higher. I did not race her but it seems that the 85 km/h topspeed given on the website is pretty accurate. Handling her on the expressway is also ok, no soft, wiggly feeling in the tail.

Because we made a few wrong turns, we ended up on some VERY bad tracks but once I got the feeling for clutch and gas, it was smooth sailing even on real bumpy trails and through some river patches. I generally love the suspension but that is probably because my ebike has no suspension at all, so I felt like on cloud #9 with this cross bike.

There are some cons, though:
    No gear indicator (just a lamp for neutral)
    No tachometer
    and NO fuel meter, not even an emergency lamp! So we ran out of fuel just ahead of the petrol station and I had to push the bike for the last 500 m.
    Reach seems to be a problem as well. Tank volume is around 8 L and the website gives a fuel consumption of around 2,2L/100km so I was expecting to get at least 300km out of my almost full tank. But I just got 260km out of appr. 7,2L. That gives an average consumption of 2,75L. Then again I was riding 2 up, in the mountains and my gear shifting probably still leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Brakes seem fine but I will do some more thorough brake testing when I am alone and have some secluded road for me.

For the price and considering that there are no bigger displacement bikes ready for registration, the bike is a good deal. But I still hope, that ther will be some larger bikes available next year.

One more question to the community: After the first day my right wrist hurt like hell, I almost could not use my right hand. Today after riding back, it is a lot better but still not ok. Is this normal? Any suggestions what to do about it?

Cheers!
    JH-150GY-3

10. #30 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice report 320km's is not a bad run I wonder how comfortable the seat was after your ride out;-)

Gear lever indicator is not an issue for me fuel light is more important is there no reserve tap on the bike?
    Tacho would be also nice i guess but smaller cc bikes usually end up just using as much power as you can get before you need to change up and then eventually run outa puff.

Can anyone give me location on Beijing riders showroom Im still kinda new to BJ so any landmarks or the road intersection would be great thanks
    Also what advise can anyone give me on getting a license plate? I guess its either costly or difficult ...or both..lol

Green is best colour i have a friend in Uk with a benelli TNT in same colour looks awesome.
    I would prefer a bigger bike but to be honest price and practicality come first I saw two BMW's while out today ..nice but could never afford one in China and smaller machines can be just as much fun.

Cheers all

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast